Discuss Kwik fit in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I`m currently threatening them with court action.....went on go compare site for van insurance, Kwik fit came up cheapest @£340...next year then sent me a new quote for same van £850...so I cancelled. They tried taking money from my account, for new insurance, but I stop the direct debt. I explain their services were no longer required. They have now sent agents for £300 which they say is 2 months insurance I owe them...Contacted Insurance ombudsman, who rule by letter to Kwik fit, that they had acted unlawfully. Kwik fit still hound me for the payment, and are waiting for court hearing.

I have to use them with my company car. Its comical. Being from a vehicle background, i understand cars well (probably better than most of them) and they always try and rip me off without fail. I had one tell me once that he couldn't let my car go as it was so dangerous as the front brakes were so bad. Discs and pads had been replaced 2 days before hand at a main dealer.... this was the same guy though that circled a 'bulge' on every tyre on the car so he could replace all 4 even though there was nothing there. He very almost ended up on his arse when he tried holding back my car keys until i told him to order the parts. I would never ever use them with my own car or money

I NEVER give authority to any company, insurance or otherwise to automatically renew a service or cover........ It's a con...... And when I was asked recently why I would not agree, I simply said I preferred to shop around each year.....

I did the same Clive, but they still tried to take the money from my account, even tho cancelled. Been with LV since renewal came up and stayed the same price...very happy with there service to

I did the same Clive, but they still tried to take the money from my account, even tho cancelled. Been with LV since renewal came up and stayed the same price...very happy with there service to

got 2 policies with LV and the bonus is that their call centres are in the UK - happy to pay a few extra pounds for that each year!

There breakdown is excellent...paid for full service get you home policy, cost extra £85 but, they turned up within 30mins with no messing or that will be extra to toe you...was all sorted. So sticking with LV at present.

Never been convinced of kwik fit's ability to repair vehicles ever since a mate of mine had the front struts replaced on his car and 2 days later one of them came through the bonnet cost kwik fit quite a few bob to sort it all out

Reply to Kwik fit in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net