Discuss labour only PV on Social Housing in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

How big are the systems (average), what's the scope of the work?

Oftne it's price / job, depends upon scope.

Ye but what's the scope!
Are you doing all the install?
Hooks, panels, rails, lead flashing, DC cable, ac etc etc
What's the mounting system
Who's supplying scaffolding and ppe
exisiting cu or new / sub cu
Are they supplying ALL the materials? to where ground or roof?
Slate / tile = chalk / cheese
- i.e What's the scope .......

Bit like me saying what's the going rate for a house rewire!

Ye but what's the scope!
Are you doing all the install?
Hooks, panels, rails, lead flashing, DC cable, ac etc etc
What's the mounting system
Who's supplying scaffolding and ppe
exisiting cu or new / sub cu
Are they supplying ALL the materials? to where ground or roof?
Slate / tile = chalk / cheese
- i.e What's the scope .......

Bit like me saying what's the going rate for a house rewire!

That made me smile :) and I haven't being doing a lot of recently :)

Roll on renewable green deal heat incentive RHPP fit thing tariff thingy!!

Everybody still very positive at Ecobuild-----Wish I was paid to talk about it rather than deliver it!

It is either 8 or 10 panels full install labour only so no mats including roof work dc cabling ac cabling inverter install , mcs accred etc. houses are typical stock semi set with tulle usually rosemaries. Or slate so full site work excluding structural survey cost that is their prob !

Judging by the quality of the social housing installs in my area they do not pay much.

Even the scaffolding supplied was done on the cheap and H&S came around and shut the whole thing down for a week because the scaffolding was not safe.

Do you have to tender for this work or are they telling you what they are paying per install?

Judging by the quality of the social housing installs in my area they do not pay much.

Even the scaffolding supplied was done on the cheap and H&S came around and shut the whole thing down for a week because the scaffolding was not safe.

Do you have to tender for this work or are they telling you what they are paying per install?

Tender for it have been asked to supply own scaffold and have costs for it.

Hmmm, For this type of work two roofers and one spark appear to install 2 systems per day, and they say they can do this, however, as stated I have seen the quality of their work.

My advice (for what it is worth) is put whatever price in that you think you can make your desired profit at, but do not spend to much time pricing it up, and remember you have to pay the up front cost of the scaffold too.
Also would you install the same type of electrical equipment that they are going to supply to you, remembering that it is your name on the certificates...

Can you not get some sort of figure that they want to pay per system?

i would say at a guess £500 per property if you have loads

If you're lucky.

We've seen these installs done off ladders, even saw one, single width single bay scaffold tower, and guys taking all sorts of risks.

My advice would be as per Earthstore "My advice (for what it is worth) is put whatever price in that you think you can make your desired profit at, but do "not spend to much time pricing it up, and remember you have to pay the up front cost of the scaffold too."

If you have a dediciated team that's all they do and they can do it with minimial supervision, then it's possible to do it for the above. you would have to be churning them out though.

With scaffolding on place we've seen lower prices / install than that, and equally I've seen the workmanship and I wouldn;t employ any of them on any of our projects.

Perhaps it's one job for Easi-Dec - If I rmember someone on the forum was wanting to flog one not so long ago.

Reply to labour only PV on Social Housing in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net