Discuss Leaving room for more modules post march 3 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all

guy wants a ground mount system (4KW) pre march 3rd.

He wants to add more modules down the line so asked if i could install a 3 phase inverter and meter now to make way for future.

Am i right in suggesting i install on single phase meter and inverter now, that way if Tariff does happen to meet 43p pre march, and he wants more added later it would work out better to add a separate array on another of the phases with its own gen meter that way he would get 43p for one array and 21p for the other?

Hope that makes sense?
thanks

He would get 43.3p for an ≤4kW system installed before 3/3. If it is extended after 3/3 then the new part would get paid at 16.8p if it fell into the 4-10 kW band (you have to include the first 4kW when you calculate that size) or only 15.2p if you go over 10kW in total.

How this is metered doesn't really matter. If there is only one meter the generation will get split across the tariffs.

Of course if DECC win their appeal to the Supreme Court then his first 4kW would only get paid at 21p.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Leaving room for more modules post march 3 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I (well, the MCS installer) obtained approval under G59 back in 2015 for 11.5 kW of grid connection on a single phase. 12kW of panels into two 6kW...
Replies
Views
Good morning, So I’m working on an existing 3 phase solar system and the customer wants a way to use the huge mass of exported solar on their...
Replies
Views
I currently have solar array and was going to purchase Shelly EM to monitor Grid in/out and solar production. So far so good. But I also plan in...
Replies
Views
hi guys i'm trying to get my head round the following setup growatt TL3 5kW 3 phase string inverter 14 panels @ 395W Spa3000 TL ac coupled...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock