Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss LED bulbs not blowing in one fitting but not in others in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. BobMoz

BobMoz New EF Member

Hi - I'd appreciate some advice please. I've just replaced all our G9 Halogen bulbs in the fittings in our living room to LED versions - 16 in total. The fittings are called Tugel (Dar Tugel 6 Arm Semi-Flush Ceiling Light - Satin Chrome - Lighting Direct - https://www.lighting-direct.co.uk/tugel-6-light-flush-fitting-satin-chrome.html as an example) and we have 1 x 6 bulb ceiling fitting, 2 x 3 bulb ceiling fittings and 2 x 2 bulb wall fittings. All LED bulbs were the same, purchased from Screwfix.

All bulbs/fittings work well apart from one of the 3 bulb ceiling fittings, which has blown three of the LED bulbs in two of the arms; the remaining arm (so far!) works fine. However, when I replace the blown bulbs with two of the original Halogen bulbs, they both work perfectly.

I have removed and dis-assembled the fitting to check it, and all looks fine - there are no loose wires nor discolorations in the fittings in the relevant arms.

Is there anything else I should check? Thanks in anticipation

2. ferg

ferg Electrician's Arms

What brand were the LED's and have you tried using known good LED's to replace the duff ones?

3. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

4. Matthewd29

Matthewd29 Regular EF Member

Are you using LAP from screwfix? If so that could be the answer

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Jay89

Jay89 Regular EF Member

I have had the same thing, 5 LED’s sent out with a light fitting all failed within a week. Turned out to be a bad batch of LED’s. Tried a different brand and worked fine.

• Like Like x 1