Search the forum,

Discuss LED ceiling lights in bathrooms in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

JCC love here too.

As a slight aside, has anyone ever used KSR led downlights ? A local wholesaler is pushing them lately.... Apparently a company run by someone who was something to do with JCC. They are pushing them out extremely cheap.

JCC love here too.

As a slight aside, has anyone ever used KSR led downlights ? A local wholesaler is pushing them lately.... Apparently a company run by someone who was something to do with JCC. They are pushing them out extremely cheap.
Fitted some ksr led downlights last week.
i think they are on par with the halers one and quite a bit cheaper.
quite a shallow heat sink at the back if space is tight.

Fitted some ksr led downlights last week.
i think they are on par with the halers one and quite a bit cheaper.
quite a shallow heat sink at the back if space is tight.

Cheers, I might give them a try then.. :)

I just took a look at some 6w KSRs, £36. I think I'll stick with JCC

I have been quoted a lot less than that.......

I get the ksr non dimmable ones for 18 quid ex vat

About this price in fact :) and about £22 for the dimmable I think

By shower rated ones, does that basically mean IP65? I believe when reading manufactures buff on line yesterday, they claimed suitable for bathrooms. Would IP44 be the absolute minimum?
5cebee31c04c2637111de8fe60c89227.jpg

I think most electricians would fit IPx4 (or greater) rated downlights directly above a bath or shower even if it is slightly outside the zone (i.e above 2.25m), and then like Murdoch said, you may as well fit them all the same as it will look better.

Unless the ceiling above the shower or bath is going to be subjected to jets of water then IPx4 is absolutely fine.

Here is a good document on IP ratings, I'd read it all Driverman but in particular have a look at pages 8 and 12 and they will explain exactly what all the figures mean with regards IP ratings.

View attachment IPCodes-really good.pdf

I think most electricians would fit IPx4 (or greater) rated downlights directly above a bath or shower even if it is slightly outside the zone (i.e above 2.25m), and then like Murdoch said, you may as well fit them all the same as it will look better.

Unless the ceiling above the shower or bath is going to be subjected to jets of water then IPx4 is absolutely fine.

Here is a good document on IP ratings, I'd read it all Driverman but in particular have a look at pages 8 and 12 and they will explain exactly what all the figures mean with regards IP ratings.

View attachment 27287
thats one of the reasons we usd icage, they look the same.

the only difference is a rubber gasket and glass between lamp and twist-lock to hold the lamps in

Reply to LED ceiling lights in bathrooms in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock