Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss LED Decking lights and LED driver in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. TheCodboy

TheCodboy Regular EF Member

Hi all,quick question. A tiler friend of mine is installing some recessed 12v led lights in a bathroom(some sort of inbuilt shelf) they are IP67 decking lights from screwfix. They are the type that screw into the 10 way connector. He was struggling to get the cables where he wanted,so he's cut the ends off...... Yes i know.... My question,can these be connected into a 12v 12w LED driver (constant voltage). I think the max wattage with all 10 connected is 1.8w, there will only be 6 connected. I hope ive explained this clearly!

2. LankyWill

LankyWill Electrician's Arms

Tell him to stick to tiling, to answer your question as long as it’s the same rating as the previous driver it shouldn’t be a problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    Why not cut the connector off the wire from the transformer you have and just connect all seven cores together.
    You would just need two 8 way lever action connectors!
    8 port lever connector.jpg
    However a 12V constant voltage driver appears to be correct. 12W is probably overkill , but I think they are the cheapest drivers available.

4. TheCodboy

TheCodboy Regular EF Member

I was thinking a wago but the cable is like hair its that thin. I wouldnt think a wago would grip it

• Like Like x 1