Discuss LED downlight to fit existing large cutout in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

edrobbo8

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows of an LED downlight that fits an 80-90mm cutout, the existing 12v halogens have melted so I am replacing with LED, have had a good look on hte internet and asked Cities and they weren't conclusive!

Does anyone know where to get hold of some for around £50? Thanks

Thanks scot, but unfortunately not, think I will have to plaster up existing holes and try and drill new! Bit of a nightmare, they want a high standard of finish and I don't think those will cut the mustard! Cheers anyway!

JCC do a gu10 downlight with a large outer ring for covering large holes.
Used these a couple of times when converting old school spots for LED GU10.
Covers 75-125mm hole, just whack in your LED lamp and your away. Think they're about £15 each plus the lamp. Get ours from Neweys (have to be ordered)

Reply to LED downlight to fit existing large cutout in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Done a job yesterday, remove old 12v halogens and replace with mains, gu10 downlights. Fitted some LED gu10's no issues. Got a call today saying...
Replies
Views
I'm homeowner and moved into a property which has 25 halogen downlights, I'm hoping to get an electrician to replace these with LED ones, what...
Replies
Views
Hi we are replacing light fittings in our home. Im confident with the fitting aspect, but have run into doubt in making the right choice of...
Replies
Views
In the bathroom we have a panel above the wash basin with 3 x 12v Halogen downlighters powered through a single transformer. I am looking to...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, Just looking for a little guidance please. I am sure that this is something that many of you have come across before. I am...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock