Discuss LED Strip Self Adhesive Tape Kit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Kamikaze

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Has anyone ever fitted one of these to the underside of kitchen cupboards and was it any good?

LED-Strip-Tape_600.jpg

Yeah used them good few times, under cab and kick board. think they look best on kick boards. very easy to instal.
I found cheapest deals for this on ebay funny enough. 5m RGB reels with drivers.

i used the waterproof ones because of the steam issue, and ran a small bead of gripfill along the back of it for good measure

Cheers lads, I will give them a go then. Was a little worried that I might blow a lot of money on a load of rubbish. :smiley2:

used a fair bit of it and its come down in price some since the first lot i bought by a fair bit. never had a problem and the lot i fitted the first time is still working and not budged. national lighting seem to be cheap for it now as well.

Be careful when buying waterproof LED strip. This is because most cheap ip65 LED strip comes with a silicon finish, which looks like the led strip in the picture at the top of the thread. The problem with a silicon finish is that when you bend it about or even leave it sitting for a while it becomes brittle, as the components and wiring doesnt have room to breath and becomes brittle. Eventually 3 or 4 chips on a 1 meter stretch will stop working and look really shoddy. So i always go for LED strip with a rubber tube finish, like the one below.

LED_STRIP_RGB_flexible_strip.jpg

I keep raving on about this company, but they are the best ive found on LED strip. They sell in this type of finish as standard teucerled.co.uk, you need to call them to get prices.

Mr LED, there's a thin line between advising and advertising and the mods and admins take a fairly dim view of advertising on the site unless you're a forum sponsor. Be careful here

Yes will agree with Trev here ...

Mr LED you have a knowledge that is very useful to the forum but as you have only posted replies in 2 threads and both times you have name dropped a LED company, the forum dosn't mind suggestions of which wholesalers you can locate gear at but will need you to sponsor to advertise the way you are doing, if the OP or anyone else is interested where you get your gear from then you can send them a PM and this wont be mistaken as advertising but all that aside you can be a valuable attribute to the forum otherwise.

I have used them but found the connectors worked intermittently at best and usually not at all on the ones I use. I ended up soldering the connectors, a bit difficult on one job as I was fitting another strip, first not bright enough and wrong colour (cool white), soldering upside down under the kitchen cabinet and above the worktop was not fun.

Hi i fitted several metres of the cheaper waterproof strips outside on the patio and some of them started to corrode and break down after a few weeks.
Fitted some to the plinths in a kitchen, saw it at night for the first time the other day and the effect is pretty cool.

Build quality and brightness varies from strip to strip. On one order of 20 rolls there were 3 or 4 different types.

Best use I've found for them is to stick strips across the roof, inside the back of my van and connect directly to the crappy original light. No problems with them peeling off and they provide a great light

[h=1]Loox LED 2011 Flexible strip light, single colour [/h]• Set includes:
- 3/4x Loox LED 2011 strip lights, 12V/0.8W, 12 diodes per light, 300 mm length each, white plastic
- 2x 1.5 m light to light connecting leads
- 2x 2.5 m light to driver leads
- 1x Loox 12V LED driver constant voltage, 240V/15W
- 1x Mains lead with UK moulded plug, 2 m length
• Strip lights are self adhesive, can be cut to length where scissor symbol shown
• Order switch separately

THis is the one I assume you mean - I can't make ANY sense out of what that's saying. How many lights at what length is in there? I've looked at these kind of things a few times over the last year and given up coz I have no clue what any are saying, there's just a big vomit of numbers.

Loox LED 2011 Flexible strip light, single colour

• Set includes:
- 3/4x Loox LED 2011 strip lights, 12V/0.8W, 12 diodes per light, 300 mm length each, white plastic
- 2x 1.5 m light to light connecting leads
- 2x 2.5 m light to driver leads
- 1x Loox 12V LED driver constant voltage, 240V/15W
- 1x Mains lead with UK moulded plug, 2 m length
• Strip lights are self adhesive, can be cut to length where scissor symbol shown
• Order switch separately

THis is the one I assume you mean - I can't make ANY sense out of what that's saying. How many lights at what length is in there? I've looked at these kind of things a few times over the last year and given up coz I have no clue what any are saying, there's just a big vomit of numbers.

This is the stuff I used and then mounted in the aluminium channel they also supply. it pretty easy to follow just look at the related products at the bottom everything works in conjunction

Loox LED 2013 5 m strip light with 300 LEDs, 12V/24W | Häfele UK Ltd

Lol I know what you mean, we ballsed up the order a couple of times before we used the website. I've also used the kit in some bathroom cabinets really good light output and really quick to install :)

Reply to LED Strip Self Adhesive Tape Kit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net