Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss LED Tape recommendations in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. rolyberkin

rolyberkin Electrician's Arms

Hi All

Unbelievably I have never fitted LED tape and have always chosen LED battens.

I have an under cabinet approx 1.5m long, any recommendations for a make type or supplier gladly recieved along with any top tips for fitting.

2. Spoon

Spoon Trusted Advisor

Not sure about make/type but don't rely on the adhesive for fitting. Use extra fittings to fix it up.... So I've been told...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

Agree with Spoon. Existing kitchens, no matter how well you clean the surface, 3m adhesive will fail in my experience. Even brand new wall units, it doesn't always stay put. Clips or extrusions for the tape IMO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. streamer

streamer Regular EF Member

I've been using PowerLed tape and drivers recently, supplied by Yesss Electrical. Seems quite reliable so far. The drivers are quite bulky if you are trying to hide them under a unit though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. suffolkspark

suffolkspark Electrician's Arms

Ive used crompton but had a couple of driver failures and the connections if splitting the lengths arent very good, ive also used deltech and that seems ok.

6. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent You Rock Gmes Staff Member Trusted Advisor

Ansell for me. Normally use glue and activator to stick it or use extrusion.

• Like Like x 1
  7. J.C.E

J.C.E Electrician's Arms

8. Adam W

Adam W Electrician's Arms

• Agree Agree x 1