Discuss Letter intro my company in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Don't a lot of the travelling community do that though? Which would make the homeowner more suspicious. At least a letter outlays your business and what it can do for them in a non confrontational way. Although most folk will already have people they want to tender for the job anyway.

Im pretty sure the 'travelling community' lets call them 'gyppos' for arguments sake, come along, spread a thin layer of tarmac over your drive while you're at work and then come round later saying you owe them 5 grand and they've no qualms about hanging you up from the nearest tree if you'd like to negotiate on the bill.

maybe,but unless nic drives a white tranny speaks with an irish accent and has spare tarmac in his van i doubt they will think he's a pikey,i dont think most people have an idea who to use personally,its probably the worst part of getting building work done trying to find decent builders etc,i done it a few years ago and i was sick of ringing up for quotes,waiting for them to come,some priced to low some to high some priced themselves out on purpose instead of not quoting at all,stressful times,if a local builder had knocked on the door at the right time i would have at least allowed him to quote and had a chat about the work,in the end i just used a builder who was working on a job i was on,showed him the plans i had,seemed a decent bloke and i had seen his work i was just sick of looking and phoning around..a letter is just the same as looking in the yellow pages

Oh I know it is hit and miss and what works for one person might not for the next, it is all about finding what works for you.

Sorry had no internet for last 5-6 days so not had a chance to get on.
Funny enough the day I sent the letters out (only 5 mins after putting them in the post box) I had a call from a builder who won the council contract to install new kitchens in over 500 council houses in the area over the next 3 years.
He gave me the 3 year contract straight away to do all the wiring for these kitchens 4 to be done a week, so Im now looking for a decent apprentice - funny how things work out.
I start next week

So if any of these lot I posted letters to plus the 3 new builds I got in September I am going to have to think hard about it before taking time off these kitchens.

Sorry had no internet for last 5-6 days so not had a chance to get on.
Funny enough the day I sent the letters out (only 5 mins after putting them in the post box) I had a call from a builder who won the council contract to install new kitchens in over 500 council houses in the area over the next 3 years.
He gave me the 3 year contract straight away to do all the wiring for these kitchens 4 to be done a week, so Im now looking for a decent apprentice - funny how things work out.
I start next week

So if any of these lot I posted letters to plus the 3 new builds I got in September I am going to have to think hard about it before taking time off these kitchens.

dont forget to tell the benefits people that your circumstances have changed tho,they might hit you hard if they find out your back on your feet and you didnt inform them

Yeah this is great i just want to say you that you can simply type your letter from the typist or a graphic designer from any printing press because you can found to the graphic designer only on Printing Press unit and they are well trained in typing any thing and make a design and make pretty to this letter or any matter...

neither, Word of Mouth and/or recommendations

If you are good word spreads, (but i must admit i have been around for over 20 years, changed my number 4 times and people still find it :()
I tried adverts in the first years but they dont work but just want your money
If you get a chance with a private school, health authority or council, go in a little cheaper and then build up your price, once in the door you are there

neither, Word of Mouth and/or recommendations

If you are good word spreads, (but i must admit i have been around for over 20 years, changed my number 4 times and people still find it :()
I tried adverts in the first years but they dont work but just want your money
If you get a chance with a private school, health authority or council, go in a little cheaper and then build up your price, once in the door you are there

Not like gold, like platinum that advice.

Reply to Letter intro my company in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net