Discuss Lighting fixture flickers for like 10-15 seconds, just very slightly, then stops in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Doctrader

DIY
Reaction score
Hi! I have a fixture that flickers for maybe 15 seconds when I first turn it on. Then it stops flickering and functions normally.

Then if I were to turn the switch on soon after it stops, there is no flickering.

Then if I wait 30min or so and turn it on again, it flickers just briefly again.

I did change the switch next to it in a two gang to a smart switch that has a neutral, not a dimmer. That switch works fine.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like you may have a loose cable joint somewhere.

What kind of lamp is this? This could be a description of a failing fluorescent fitting.

Reply to Lighting fixture flickers for like 10-15 seconds, just very slightly, then stops in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Summary (TL;DR) Several lightbulbs in my home supplied by one circuit breaker dim over time and go out in about a year. Right now, the ceiling...
Replies
Views
I am not an electrician but am looking for some advice as to how to fix my sporadic light flickering problem that has come and gone for the year...
Replies
Views
I have purchased spotlights as below, but they are flickering when I dimmed them down to around 15-20%. We have installed 8 x ALUSSO LED Recessed...
Replies
Views
I have the typical LED on Dimmer switch. All the lights flicker in my house are very inconsistent times. By let me clarify by saying all the...
Replies
Views
Hey, I lifted a few sockets from a wall so I could paint without having to cut in around them. I haven’t lifted any light switches yet. When...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock