Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, woud you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Looking for a course which will help with lifts/escalator installation. in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Niko96

Niko96 New EF Member

Hi everyone,

I work for one of the leading Lifts and escalators manufacturers. Mechanically im qualified up to HNC level 4 in engineering. Im looking to improve my electrical knowledge, Im trying to find a course that will include the basics such as reading drawings, fault diagnosis.

If anyone can help id be very grateful.

Thank you

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    should your employer not be responsible for sorting out any training you need to do your assigned workload?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Spoon

Spoon Trusted Advisor

Welcome to the forum mate.
    I'm with @telectrix@telectrix on this.
    Your 'leading Lifts and escalators manufacturer' should know which is the best course for you to go on.

4. Rob

Rob Trusted Advisor

As far as I am aware there are no course in fault finding. This is gained by experience only and understanding how it should be installed correctly in the first place.

As for reading drawings, if your capable of learning to a level 4 standard, you should be able to teach yourself how to read electrical drawings from information available online. I only say this as I don't know if there are any courses that just teach how to read drawings.

5. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    None
    Gday Tel

6. Niko96

Niko96 New EF Member

Thanks for all the responses, the only problem is i want to do the course of my own back, this is due to being tied down for another 3 years if i go through the company.

Have you guys got any suggestions for any good books to order ?