Discuss LSOH. . . for the designers out there in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

lurch

-
Reaction score
I am starting to notice some domestic scenarios where the Electrical contractor is using LSOH t&e. However this is not something I would err to for a domestic situation. Just interested if any of you guys are going this way, if so why/is it your choice/has it been specified.

Furthermore when would you go for LSOH in a commercial environment.. . . . Reason I ask is I have a small office within a warehouse, that I am costing up, but once again don't feel it necessary to use LSOH. . . . . thoughts please

Maybe in HOMO's as the LSOH burns cleanly and doesn't produce black smoke, it might also be what the architect on the build specified.

We tend to use LSOH cables In condensed public places like restaurants and schools always specify it.
Also in escape routes in public buildings and flats etc

I think it is only by specification. However most people die of smoke in electrical fires so LSZH makes sense if it fits in the economy of things.

Spec'd LZ0H for current refurb, but was told not cost effective, forget it...single storey small building, 3 exits, no cables over them, evacuation time less than 1 minute...fair enough.
Still, I felt that because it was a small building, the extra cost could be justified...
Every penny a prisoner!
(I hate that!)

Spec'd LZ0H for current refurb, but was told not cost effective, forget it...single storey small building, 3 exits, no cables over them, evacuation time less than 1 minute...fair enough.
Still, I felt that because it was a small building, the extra cost could be justified...
Every penny a prisoner!
(I hate that!)
Thought in your one of work it would be a Doublone.......

Doubloons or Pieces of Eight, I'm not fussy!
Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 12.08.08.jpg

Reply to LSOH. . . for the designers out there in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net