Currently reading:
Maintaining top entry fire rating/IP rating

Discuss Maintaining top entry fire rating/IP rating in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening all

Had a job yesterday, which I'm back at next week. Job was to install new dual tarriff CU. As can see from photo earthing was supplied off a clamp from incoming metallic pipe which contained the supply cables. As this old CU is double packed out with a frame it had ample space to house this pipe. Problem being when fitting new CU this isn't case. So after chat with mr NIC man I opted to drop board by 100mm jigsaw out top entry and use 100mm plastic trunking across top to house these cables and pipe. He seemed bit unsure at first as much as me but checked it out and said that as we have maintained IP4x at top all is fine. I questioned about the fire rating and he said that this is fine to. What are people's thoughts? I'm back there next week so maybe can improve but thoughts are even if use loads of glands on top and trunking on top surely these are only so resistant to spread of fire.
Cheers
20210301_112702.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
But recognising different cable types, their uses and how to handle them is surely a very basic skill whatever level you are at as it is not all T&E in the domestic setting as the OP has found out
Its a shame the way this industry has become, completely scoped and split into sectors, with that it has its consequences.

Reply to Maintaining top entry fire rating/IP rating in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock