Discuss Maintenance contract proposal in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

glasgospark

Proposal of maintenance in car park around 20 lamp posts 5 meters high
They are looking for quarterly inspections and any repairs required done in between routine inspections
cherry picker required to change lamps,

any pointers guys on the proposal I have hourly rates in place but any other advice appreciated

Ensure you can access lamp posts when on site? i.e who is responsible for ensuring cars are not parked below them.

Who provides access equipment?

Have you agreed a price for parts when you carry out repairs?

Are the parts still possible to source?

why cherry picker for 5m? reach that off a bar stool.

charge them a flat inclusive fee of £20,000 for the year. once the cheque has cleared , go bust.

Proposal of maintenance in car park around 20 lamp posts 5 meters high
They are looking for quarterly inspections and any repairs required done in between routine inspections
cherry picker required to change lamps,

any pointers guys on the proposal I have hourly rates in place but any other advice appreciated
very straight forward fella, basically allow for 4 one day visits for the quarterly inspections. Offer them a hourly rate for any remedial works that may be required and offer them a 10% or 15% profit on any materials you supply, whatever you like really. You may find other things come from these works once you have your foot in the door. My opinion is keep it low but a small profit and you may end up with lots of work. Mike

what type of lanterns are there? if they are new LED's or cosmo/cdm-t's you may not get much maintenance for a few years, the odd electronic ballast and photocell (if used) maybe but if they have old SON's, SOX's or mercury's then you might get a fair bit of business with seperate ballasts, ignitors, capacitors etc plus other components such as lampholders

look at scissor-lift rather than cherry picker (cheaper and fine for 5M) - and much smaller footprint

and then pay for it to be delivered to and collected from site as well as the hire costs.
and then lose sh*t loads of profit while it runs out of charge mid-job.
;-)

cherry picker for the win - no re-charge down time and you can drive it yourself to site.

either way were assuming you have IPAF as the clients H&S policy is unlikely to give you approval to use self powered access equipment without it , not to mention youre own public liability insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:
and then pay for it to be delivered to and collected from site as well as the hire costs.
and then lose sh*t loads of profit while it runs out of charge mid-job.
;-)

cherry picker for the win - no re-charge down time and you can drive it yourself to site.

either way were assuming you have IPAF as the clients H&S policy is unlikely to give you approval to use self powered access equipment without it , not to mention youre own public liability insurance.

If it's a compact scissor the delivery charge should be low as they tow them on the back of the van.

Are you referring to the self propelled van type picker?

Your all missing the point, it is for maintenance if a light goes out, it will be a rare event, I carry a scaffold for this type of work, the lamps are not as high as you may think, hiring a cherry picker is a good way if a lot of lamps or fittings need replacing, for the odd one now and again a tower will do the Job, up and built and down again in minutes and you can add the cost of hiring a tower onto the job and it is all profit if you actually own one.

The world's gone mad / cherry pickers and scissor lifts! I remember being approx. 60 foot in air on top of a crane with my step ladders balanced carefully on the crab unit at full stretch changing 400w high bays. that's when men were men

The world's gone mad / cherry pickers and scissor lifts! I remember being approx. 60 foot in air on top of a crane with my step ladders balanced carefully on the crab unit at full stretch changing 400w high bays. that's when I had a nasty accident in my pants

Better.

grow a pair!! its only 5m get the ladder out , a would have had the job done by the time you had made the phone call to organise the cherry-picker

scaffolding ??
on a site that has 20 5mtr posts ?

yeah , you fools can just crack on with that in the wind & rain.

the smart installer budgets for the proper kit in his price rather than clown around in the carpark trying to save £50 a day.
pfft.
;-)

scaffolding ??
on a site that has 20 5mtr posts ?

yeah , you fools can just crack on with that in the wind & rain.

the smart installer budgets for the proper kit in his price rather than clown around in the carpark trying to save £50 a day.
pfft.
;-)
Now Now Biff, if you read my reply it was if the odd one needed work, for several I agreed a Cherry picker was the best bet.

Reply to Maintenance contract proposal in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net