Discuss Massive changes to G83 rules for solar PV installations needing advance permission in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re: Massive changes to G83 rules for solar PV installations needing advance permissio

Hello Gavin
We have installed 2 systems on to adjoining semi detached properties and one further down the same road (about 60 metres away), all three are sub 16a. Do I understand correctly that under this proposal, if there is a grid problem that the DNO could order the disconnection of one or all systems.

Re: Massive changes to G83 rules for solar PV installations needing advance permissio

definitely under this proposal.

If you installed them all as part of the same project, you'd have needed permission even under the current rules as they're that close to each other, but this would now apply to a much wider area, and to mean you need to ask permission for any new systems in advance if you've previously installed a system in that geographic area.

consultation closes on Friday btw, please get responses in.

times up folks.

If this comes in and you've not responded and knew about it, then you're partly responsible in my eyes.

Possibly a little harsh, but I'm currently well ****ed off with BPVA for saying they'd alert their members to this, but then not doing so. It's a quitting issue for me as well with regard to BPVA, final straw and all that.

This morning I received an email back from Ofgem, which in short states "We have noted your concern about the way that the Stage 2 application process could work under the proposed G83/2. We have discussed this with the DNOs and have agreed a revised approach that addresses these concerns." Parties who responded to the consultation are being invited to partake in a conference call where this 'revised approach' will be discussed.

Got one also, slightly concerned about the length of the list of email adresses on the top but at lease they've taken notice. Well done Gav and everyone who responded.

I even tweeted solar power portal, solar trade association and BPVA numerous times.

So what was it 6 people that responded?

A bit concerning that it was on this forum and navitron and also 500 people viewed our blog about this issue, and only 9 people responded.

This is something the trade associations should have picked up on and didn't even when told that this would be a major issue if the plans were to be implemented. If BPVA didnt even respond to the consultation then that is frankly shocking, I hope they did respond though.

Reply to Massive changes to G83 rules for solar PV installations needing advance permission in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net