Discuss MCCB with RCD settings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It's a wind up this one. Guaranteed
It’s the bottom dial I can’t understand? So it just works on disconnection time but in milliseconds? So say I have no greater than 32A final circuits on TT which is 0.2 seconds then what do I set it?
No ---- take, spark I work with doesn’t know either and he’s just guesses where as I’d like to know how and why it’s set like that

But you were asking what delay a TT circuit should be set to. Are you saying you know this, but need to convert seconds to milliseconds?

To answer that, there are 1000mS in a Second.

It is a variable earth leakage modual that is used with a mccb eather bolted on or using a shunt trip module

The top part is to set trip current
Bottom is to set a time delay

They are mainly used on sub circuits or large motors ect were the time delay can offer some sort of discrimination

Remember earth leakage is cumulative

But you were asking what delay a TT circuit should be set to. Are you saying you know this, but need to convert seconds to milliseconds?

To answer that, there are 1000mS in a Second.
Ok so it’s TT, in this panel you have Main MCCB/RCD one in picture then 3 X BS88 fuses which feed some electric boxes with 16A sockets with relevant 30mA RCBOs

I'm still confused. Do you not know what the regs require, or do you not get the seconds/milliseconds thing?

It is a variable earth leakage modual that is used with a mccb eather bolted on or using a shunt trip module

They are mainly used on sub circuits or large motors ect were the time delay can offer some sort of discrimination

Thanks is there a way to understand how to set the time delay?

Thanks is there a way to understand how to set the time delay?

First you need to know what function it is required for. Secondly you need to consider upstream devices and how they are operating then the vigi module can be set to ensure coordination is achieved.

Reply to MCCB with RCD settings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net