Search the forum,

Discuss MCS broke in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

@Austin. Its just your own installations you have acces to as an installer.

I've got 3 to do and I'm not gonna bother trying until the early hours. Good job I cant sleep at the moment! PLenty of time for that soon anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
@northersun Many thanks for clarifying that. Much appreciated. Looking at the documentation again it appears "Market Operators" and "Reporting Users" have such read access.

I hope the system stabilises quickly for you and all others affected by these technical challenges.

Thanks again

Austin

Anyone seen a pink pig flying over london recently with a Gemserv official hanging from its tail about as rare as the chance of getting a project on the MCS Database

been up 48 hours now trying to log on to the mcs now told by customers to take pv down bin and give them money back its goin to be a good xmas

If you have carried out everything correctly and install is complete, I would speak to REAL. There is no reason why you cannot generate the mcs cert and get it accepted by FIT supplier within the time left. Why are they asking you to take pv down?

Like I said there is still a very good possibility that they will get feed in rate. Why do they believe they wont? Did you promise them feed in rate? Have you registered any installs with the MCS yet? If you have and you are still not able to log on - email MCS with details of install and ask them to call you. Do you know who the customer's chosen FIT provider is? Is it the same as their energy supplier? There is still plenty of time to get an MCS certificate and send FIT application by "Special Delivery" to FIT provider. Sorry lots of questions, but trying to help. My customers are emailing and sending FIT applications today, and we have been assured by providers that all is well. Don't return money or remove installation until deadline passed unless you have a Plan B for their use.:D

Just a thought - GoodEnergy (a FIT provider) will accept applications from anybody and are staying open all weekend to oblige. Google them. Good customer service.

If you have a signed contract with them tell them to **** off. It's not your fault the whole system has gone to pot.

I wouldn't recommend that course of action!!:frown2: They just need reassuring - ask them to bear with you and offer to come to some arrangement if all fails. (It has to be better to reduce the price, rather than rip the whole lot down and be left with panels with serial numbers that have been used on a different install). Assuming that they chose you as their installer for some reason other than price alone, you must be able to calm them down in some way. Keep trying with MCS; keep phoning them on redial - I have always managed to get through in the end and don't forget to email as well. And phone REAL as well and ask for advice. Don't get adversarial at this point in time - it won't be worth it. One other thing, try completely closing your browser, clear your cache and try to log in again. FIT providers have told our customers that they are not necessarily insisting on the MCS certificate being attached/enclosed with the application, but only need the certificate number. If you are able to register the install and it takes time for the actual certificate to be e-mailed, make sure you make a note of the cert number whilst it is pending, by looking at the administration tab at top, then phone FIT provider and ask for advice - make sure they confirm advice with email. Hope this works out for you. Keep a clear head and breath deeply!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The lads have just finnished commissioning our last install. Just got to try to get the MCS cert and then send off fit form. Wish me luck

Now been trying for 48 hrs, trying every thing we can to get to page , refreshing, going from differnt page to login page. Nothing works.

Finally a moment of Glory....... Registered the last remaining 4 in one go!... now just waiting for pending certs... I can sleep at night tonight :)

I couldn't even get to log in page using internet explorer, but tried chrome instead, and although slow I did get logged in. However first run gave me only solar thermal panels - listed under PV, and second try had jammed up.

so far spoke with MP, spoke with Gemserv, DEC and email to Hugne and Cameron what good it will do but breaks up the the mundane side of this at least

Sorry off topic and not that it helps much in reality but European Commission threatening legal action if FIT cut jeopardises renewables industry or de-stabilises industry.

Registered installation around 2:30 pm - still no sign of certificate and now too late for the customer to post by special delivery. A great feeling after managing to overcome lack of supplies, wind, snow etc!

Registered last job at 11am today, took ages, no cert by 6-20pm so emailed mcs. Within 2 minutes they rang me to explain the cert was in a queue and would be coming soon. Let's hope. This is my last one, feel for those with more to do this week. Good luck.

Got it at 7:30pm - around 5 hours of a wait! Surely there can't be that many certificates that their system can't keep up. Or maybe they're using an Amstrad PC512 and a dialup modem!

Reply to MCS broke in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net