Search the forum,

Discuss Metrel MI3125B - Anyone got one? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

leo79

-
Reaction score
My 5 year old Metrel MI3100 has been on it's last legs for a few months now, I was constantly having to reset it, readings were all over the place and yesterday it wouldn't switch on.
Instead of spending money to get it fixed and calibrated I'm going to buy a new one. I was looking at just a replacement but this MI3125B caught my eye.
Mainly the size of it is appealing and also the Easi-switch sound interesting.
Majority of my work is domestic and I've never used software to download my results(not sure if I ever will).
Anyone got one or used one?Metrel MI3125B EurotestCOMBO PRO Multifunction Test Kit

I've had one for 18 months and find it very good. As you say the size is handy and another good feature is the magnetic back although probably not much use if you do mostly domestic .

Rechargeable batteries very handy, a 1 hr quick charge will give you enough for a days testing or a 16 hour full charge will last a good while.

Had a look at the easy switch but couldn't justify the cost as I can't see where much time would be saved.

It comes with a hand strap but I ordered a neck strap as well which helps, the tip commander is handy as well.

I have had the Metrel MI 3125 Eurotest Combo Lite for about 6 months now. It is a really good meter, the only problem that I have is that sometimes you need three hands to test. The tip commander solves this problem, but i've not got around to parting with the extra cash yet.
The best feature is the Auto RCD Test feature, just amazing! Like you the majority of my work is domestic and this meter does everything needed and is currently about £200 cheaper than the one your looking at, depends if you need the extra features?

Yes i have 2 off them which my guys use, very easy to use compact and the magnetic rear helps as sticks on DB whilst testing!

I have a 3125B with the easyswitch. Great bit of kit. Test ring continuity and a test at each socket on the ring recording R1+R2. Displays the highest value, but stores the lot so you can identify spurs and analyse results. Easy pc conectivity (pro version included) looking at Pro+ which reportedly prints directly onto NICEIC forms. NICEIC assessment a few weeks ago and the assessor was extremely impressed at the speed the tests were performed. I did have one issue and that was the 7671 amd 1 firmware upgrade which I had to send the tester to Metrel, but their turnaround was exceptionally fast.
I think the best feature is the ability to add criteria such as protective device types and ratings etc. so when a test was performed it either passed showing a LARGE GREEN light or it failed showing a LARGE RED light. This speeds up testing but I still analyse the results later in the comfort of my office. There are help screens showing how to connect for a particular test. Could be useful if you're not quite sure.
Hope this helps...

Reply to Metrel MI3125B - Anyone got one? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net