Discuss Metrel TEK118 Earth Bonded Metalwork Lead in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Geordie Spark

Hello everyone, I'm after some help.

I have a Metrel MFT which I bought second hand & has a number of extra bits & pieces with it.

One of these extras is a TEK118 Earth Bonded Metalwork Lead. It's a 4 pole plug which plugs into the MFT, and has 2 leads coming out of it. One lead has a standard 13A plug on the end, and the other has a green croc clip.

The blurb on Metrel's site says: "The TEK 118 is an earth bond lead for testing bonded metalwork or appliances in conjunction with an earth loop tester"

Does anyone know how to use it?

(yes I KNOW I'm a thick Geordie)
All advice gratefully received :dunce:[h=1][/h]

Yes

I use it for testing the earthing of bonded metalwork like structural steelwork and bonded pipework

To use it I normally plug it into the MFT put the 13A plug in a socket and connect the croc clip to the metalwork I want to test then press the button :cool4::rolleyes2:

Metrel's user guides aren't the best - have you got the disc that came with the tester which has the full user guide? If not call Metrel and I'm sure they will email it to you or show you where it is on their website.

Have fun.

Yes

I use it for testing the earthing of bonded metalwork like structural steelwork and bonded pipework

To use it I normally plug it into the MFT put the 13A plug in a socket and connect the croc clip to the metalwork I want to test then press the button :cool4::rolleyes2:

Thank you :)

Is this a live or a dead test & what setting should the meter be on?

Sorry for being thick.

Metrel's user guides aren't the best - have you got the disc that came with the tester which has the full user guide? If not call Metrel and I'm sure they will email it to you or show you where it is on their website.

Have fun.

You're right ........... the user guide is diabolical !!!

I don't have the disk - I didn't know there was one - so I'll see about trying to get one from Metrel.

Many thanks for your reply.

Reply to Metrel TEK118 Earth Bonded Metalwork Lead in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net