Discuss Minimum wage and freddo's , food for thought in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Used to cost 5 p now cost 25p so everyone on social media are moaning that they can't afford as many Freddos as back in the 90's. Mainly just porpers and poorly paid people moaning about their £7.50 a hour minimum wage, when lets be fair if they had worked a bit harder they wouldn't be on such a sh*t wage anyway.

To sum things up, people want everything for nothing.
That's just ridiculous and frankly quite crass.
If you bother to look you'll find that most people on minimum wage have to work very hard and long to get just a basic pay packet.

That's just ridiculous and frankly quite crass.
If you bother to look you'll find that most people on minimum wage have to work very hard and long to get just a basic pay packet.
agree with that.my lad works for a company that construct artic trailers. he does the electrics, including tail lifts, works in the cabs of the tractor units that no-one else can do, been in the firm for 3 years and gets just £8.50/hour. doing 60 hours a week just to make a decent wage. non-union site. company's attitude is if you're not happy, sod off.

I guess the problem is that today is a buyers market so everything is so cut throat - saving £2/hour on a wage equates to more profit to the share holders! now that's what annoys me - share holders who will never understand that to invest is a gamble and you won't always get a premium BUT do they ever go without!? Just detrimental to those at the bottom of the ladder who are needed as much as the rest of the rungs in said ladder.

I meant worked harder in school and in the few years following to obtain the qualifications and training needed to make a decent living. I worked in a factory for 2 weeks once between jobs and it's the most graft I have ever done.

Went past a dentist surgery in Lytham yesterday. They were advertising for an apprentice dental nurse, full time £3.50 per hour!

Yes but a 16 year old straight from school would be fine on that money, apprenticeships only become financially rewarding towards the completion but you end up with skills for life and the ability to make a good living.

Used to cost 5 p now cost 25p so everyone on social media are moaning that they can't afford as many Freddos as back in the 90's. Mainly just porpers and poorly paid people moaning about their £7.50 a hour minimum wage, when lets be fair if they had worked a bit harder they wouldn't be on such a sh*t wage anyway.

To sum things up, people want everything for nothing.

Savage! i bet your a right cut throat barsteward on site. This thread has made me giggle somewhat, does show that the price of living is horrendous!

Savage! i bet your a right cut throat barsteward on site. This thread has made me giggle somewhat, does show that the price of living is horrendous!
you think the price of living is bad. just consider the cost of dying. funeral estimates are round the 6K mark. sod paying £500 for a shiny polished box with bling handles. i have an old Ikea wardrobe going begging. another £500 for a black estate merc. bugger that. the van's got a 8ft. load space. get Paddy with his JCB dig a hole £50. savings pay for a bloody good pi$$ up.

it's perfectly legal to bury a dead person in your back garden, as long as you inform the appropriate authorities. it's good enough for dogs that have passed on so it will do for me. save even more money.

it's perfectly legal to bury a dead person in your back garden, as long as you inform the appropriate authorities. it's good enough for dogs that have passed on so it will do for me. save even more money.
Typical bloody Scouser, always looking for a cheap option, good idea though. Save on life insurance as well. Think of all chocky you could buy, or in you case Tel Beer, mine RED VINO

Reply to Minimum wage and freddo's , food for thought in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net