Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. Forum for Trainees.

If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then click HERE The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Minor Works Cert help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. MrPupsi

MrPupsi EF Member

Business Name:
    Live Electrical Services
    So I am currently registered with the NICEIC as a domestic installer, but I need to fill in a minor works for adding a spur to an existing ring as a dental surgery.

As I can't do this via NICEIC, can I download a model form, fill that in and give it to the client?
    I've seen a couple of model forms online which all have a 'registration number' box at the bottom of it, which I'm not sure what they're after?

Thank you

2. Pete999

Pete999 Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    None
    Your NICEIC Registration number I would think. Why can't you "do it via NICEIC?"You are a member after all.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  3. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

Why can't you use the NIC on-line forms? Thats what you are paying top dollar for.

PS if you are a domestic installer, why are you doing commercial work, or is that the rub?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Out of interest, why can't you use the NICEIC system?

Edit: Beaten to it by Midwest:)

5. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

because it commercial .

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    Providing your certificate contains the same information as is contained in the model forms in BS 7671, then you can create your own. I have an Excel spreadsheet I fill in and print for minor works.

You might also want to check with your insurer that your covered for work in commercial properties.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ipf

ipf Forum Mentor

You're registered as a DI....are you a qualified electrician?

If so, I can't see a problem using NIC cert, even though it's commercial.
    Then again, there is insurance cover to consider. Have a word with your provider, maybe.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Pete999

Pete999 Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    None
    Good point regarding the Commercial aspect.

9. MrPupsi

MrPupsi EF Member

Business Name:
    Live Electrical Services
    Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

My insurance covers commercial work, the only reason I never registered as a domestic installer was because at the time of self employment I only had one job to show the inspector.
    Will upgrade it when I get a chance now as I've done quite a few jobs.

So as above, as it is commercial, I can't fill in the NICEIC certificates online as they're not available to me. Only domestic ones are.

I am qualified up to C&G 2394/5 and have been working as an electrician for almost 10 years, so more than confident so self certify as long as its an option.

10. ipf

ipf Forum Mentor

So, do a domestic cert. You shouldn't be crapping y'self taking a chance on that. It's only a spurred socket, after all

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    try downloading this:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. anthonybragg

anthonybragg Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    You do not have to be an NICEIC Approved contractor to do commercial work, the OP probably belongs to the D.I. scheme only for the notification for building control.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. anthonybragg

anthonybragg Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    And you don't have to use NICEIC certificates (but they like you to) as long as they are based upon the one in BS7671.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ipf

ipf Forum Mentor

If he's got MWC's why would he need to notify?
    Not all work is notifiable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MrPupsi

MrPupsi EF Member

Business Name:
    Live Electrical Services
    I didn't want to use the NICEIC online form as it states its a 'domestic certificate' at the top of the cert.
    If it was my practise, I'd want it to say commercial or something to that effect.

Thanks for all the help though guys, will just fill in a model form now I know its acceptable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1