Discuss Missing RCD in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

baggy61

Evening Gents,
I've just put some downlighters in a bathroom,as a replacement for a single fitting,fitted a 6A RCBO, & tested. Ze 35 ohms on a tt system but the existing board was 16th ed type fitted when the house was extended about 7 years ago.Fault current is'nt going to be high enough to operate cpds on non rcd protected circuits. The house is about 15 years old so presumably had RCD on meter tails when first built. What should I put on mwc?

I don't think you would have to mention it pal you are only responsible for the circuit that you are working on so only that has to be up to regs and you have fitted a rcbo which is you RCD protection so all good as far as I can see just do the MWC as normal

just include details of the circuit you have altered, along with Ze for the installation. i assume that you have checked earthing and bonding. you only need to certify your work. the rest of the installation is not your problem. however, if you see any issues you could make a note on the cert.

Hi baggy. Not sure if I read your post correctly. Are you saying it's a TT system without rcd protection for some circuits ?
If so, I would have wanted to rectify this before proceeding with any more works. Can't see a problem with the works you have done.

Hi baggy. Not sure if I read your post correctly. Are you saying it's a TT system without rcd protection for some circuits ?
If so, I would have wanted to rectify this before proceeding with any more works. Can't see a problem with the works you have done.

Sorry, didn't really answer your question. Just fill MWC as normal but make a note on it of your findings and make customer aware. May generate a little more work ?

Reply to Missing RCD in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net