Discuss Mobile Home Periodic Inspection Interval in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm not trying to be clever here, but is it a Static mobile home type thing, or could it be hooked up to a car and driven off. If it is Static then i would say it is the same as a residential property, and if it could be towed, then its a caravan.

The re-test date is your call irrespective, you are the man on the ground, and only you can decide the frequency to the next periodic.

If there are no issues to speak of, then i would agree with your intervals, it is highly unlikely that the thing will move, and if it does it would be transported. the interval for caravans is probably 12 months because the caravanning fraternity usually do a lot of touring in the summer, and then abandon it for 6 months till the next spring, so they need a coat of looking at before they hit the road again, and go bang on a site in Cornwall.

Cheers…………..Howard

A 38ft caravan is definitely a static, if the caravan is for your own use then as per residential and at change of ownership. If you rent the caravan out to help pay the site fees, then every year as with gas checks. This is usually to comply with the sites terms and conditions and insurance. I've got 5 I rent on a site in Wales and after seeing what some renters get up to they need looking at every month.

I agree with ifindoubt, remember this is not a touring caravan, but in some circumstances they can be moved to a totally new location. So if you were to put a 10year test on it then some people would accept this as being current, Where anything could happen to it during transportation. So yearly test is advised.

Reply to Mobile Home Periodic Inspection Interval in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net