Discuss More part P quality installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just arrived at a job today to change a CU, after bit of testing found N-E fault on upstairs ring, went up stairs and found this!

this was installed by a bedroom fitter, last week, the lady asked for some extra double sockets and one had to be moved in her bedroom which the fitter done before plastering, then was coming back to fit the bedroom units afterwards

he told the lady he was also a registered electrician(was part p elecsa), charged her ÂŁ200 cash for this and it took him all day apparently!

i have not altered any of this before the photos this is as was installed!

he left the blue tape on the back box as he cracked it and said he would change it later

i ripped it all out and re installed it for her afterwards

it doesnt even look like he used new kit, i think it was old stuff from another job

Cant believe he didnt get the cable under the floor at least, and what a way to extend a ring circuit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 330
  • image.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 305
  • image.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 287
  • image.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
Holy ----, Wait till trev see's this , another one for the Campaign

That really is shockingly bad. How does the guy sleep at night :mad:

Probably quite easily!.
I think the thing is, sometimes you can't see how dangerous something is if your not an Electrician,so therefore leaving something like the above doesn't register on a pet mongs conscience.

Biggest problem is the bloke who install it, thinks he`s done a good job....that`s were the issues start.

Which is what I tried saying in #5
If they don't know what they are doing,then they clearly can't see that what they do is dangerous!

Possibly the biggest fool is the client surely anyone can see just by looking that somethings not quiet right. Not trying to be ofensive here but surely no one would payout (to one of us) if we had asked for money for that taped up shower of S**t

Last edited by a moderator:
Certs in post apparently, i dont know what its gonna say cause i was there to change the board and until then there was no bonding or rcd protection

It will probably be His 100 yard swimming certificate!

Part P is a joke, how someone can walk away from that is unbelievable and there giving true electricians a bad bad name. Why can a bedroom fitter be allowed to do this and get away with it because he's part P, should be called part **** take, disgusting.

How can anybody sleep in one of his bedroom re fits after he's messed with the sockets , come to think of it how can anybody live in the house...
What a mess...

Reply to More part P quality installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net