Discuss More suffering, sad news about the tower block fire in London in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wow they have just about finished cladding all the high rises and maisonettes around where I work from. I wonder if they will have to take it all off now? Idiots! Where is the risk assessment?

There are a load of tower blocks in bristol around the barton and lawrence hill areas where the council were in process or about to clad in similar manner as this london tower. I wonder if they will stop and reconsider now? Or at least until they can determine what went wrong

I cant believe this it is terrible!

People have lost everything including lives it is so sad. Any news on how it started yet?

A lot of speculation as to how it started and then spread so rapidly even the Fire Service have never seen such destruction to a block of flats.

Last edited:
Having seen the pictures, there's no doubt that the cladding is flammable. I'm sure someone will end up inside for this.

1 architect got the spec wrong

2 company supplied wrong material.

3 manufacturer cutting corners

4 fire testing lab got it wrong.
Or
5 Unqualified installers cutting corners and/or using cheap fixings.

One of them will end up inside.

Just saw the footage now. Unbelievable!!

If that cladding was compliant with fire regs then the regs need changing. If it wasn't then people should go to jail for manslaughter. Either way that cladding should be removed from other buildings, I've never seen a fire in a first world building spread that far and that quickly.

My sympathies are with the residents involved.

If it did start from a faulty fridge, I wonder if this would be one on a re-call list? It appears that some manufactures have no sense of urgency ensuring known faults are rectified asap. A bit like some car manufactures.

If it did start from a faulty fridge, I wonder if this would be one on a re-call list? It appears that some manufactures have no sense of urgency ensuring known faults are rectified asap. A bit like some car manufactures.

Unfortunately some customers have no sense of urgency when it comes to safety recalls either. There have been quite a few cases where people have carried on using appliances even after being warned not to by the manufacturers & paid the price for doing so.

There have a also been reports in the past of "power surges" in the past, tripping out the water pumps and causing household equipment to emit smoke, and lights to go very bright and dim. I wonder if they had another broken neutral.

I remember quite a few fires in the "blocks of flats" near where I live when I was growing up. And you could see where the individual fire broke out.
It didn't matter which floor it was on because they are a concrete formed building and the fire was contained.
Now we "polish these turds" by attaching cladding to the sides which simply acts an external venting chimney for smoke , heat and fire as has been confirmed , so tragically , earlier today.
If we have to have fire guards and protection in between floors to prevent the spread of fire inside the building then why hasn't anyone had the foresight to see we need it externally also.
Our thoughts are with the families at this sad time but our eyes should be with the thousands of facilities and tower blocks that have been fitted with this fire trap.

Inevitable really, just been watching the News, and some rabid Woman has stated that in Her opinion the fire was started as a revenge attack for the recent terror attacks in London, don't think the reporter picked up on it, but I'm sure someone will, all those poor people of all races and religions are hurting with the loss of loved ones, and this Woman has to come up with that rubbish, can't say what I really think of her, not on here anyway.:mad:

Not seen that yet Pete, but totally agree with your sentiment.
Only wondered earlier how long it would take the crazies to come out of the darkness, makes my blood boil mate.

Reply to More suffering, sad news about the tower block fire in London in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net