Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Multiplers - ambient temperatures in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Big Man

Big Man EF Member

Evening all,

Could some bright spark clarify something for me please.

In the OSG Table I1 Pg182 (Green) the values of resistance/metre or (R1+R2)/metre for copper and aluminium conductors assumes a value of 20 degrees as the ambient temperature.
    Lets say a properties ambient temperature is 25 degrees I need to add in a multiplying factor from Table I2 Pg183. (I get this bit)

My question is, Is it assumed that the original temperature of 20 degrees stays as is, and you add an additional 5 degrees [correction factor 0.94] or,
    add the multiplier for the expected 25 degrees [correction factor 1.02]

Your help as ever is appreciated

2. johnboy6083

johnboy6083 Band Member Trusted Advisor

you multiply the vakue by the correction factor.

3. Big Man

Big Man EF Member

Thanks for your reply. I'm aware you mutiply it. My question was particular to the correct choice of correction factor. So in Table I1 there is the asumption that ambient temperature of 20 degrees. If the ambient temperature is in fact 25 degrees do I a) add a 5 degree correction factor in effect making it up to 25 degrees or b) use the 25 degree correction factor.

Thank you in advance

4. johnboy6083

johnboy6083 Band Member Trusted Advisor

use the 25 degree one.

5. HandySparks

HandySparks Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Neish Electrical Services
    For an ambient of 25 deg C you use the 25 deg C correction factor, ie multiply the values in Table I1 by 1.02.

6. Big Man

Big Man EF Member

Thanks for all your help and time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.