Discuss Need a bit of help in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Teazer

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I have passed my city and guilds electrical installation level 2 and 3. I started working for my firm four months ago and they took me on as an apprentice on PAYE as I have had no experience prior to this.
They changed me to self employed shortly after taking me on because work had slowed down. I'm getting 25 a day which I have no problem with as I'm learning however there is not always work for me. Last week I had one days work and this week three so obviously this is effecting my learning. I'm getting good feedback that I am progressing. I enjoy working here because I get on well with nearly everyone but just feel I am being messed around a bit.

What I really want to know is whether the £25 day rate is below what I should be getting paid?
And are they allowed to change me to self employed from PAYE because there is not too much work so I don't get paid when there is no work?
Should i be an apprentice? Since I have some qualifications or am I more of a trainee?

Any feedback/answers would be great thanks alot!

no one gets paid for doing nout, at the moment where theres no work, and people are working for nothing for experience, Id just put up with it

Reply to Need a bit of help in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, I never really come on here to be honest, but I thought I’d get the opinion of a world of unknown to me electrical contractors because...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've just finished a contract working on a new build where, over the past 13 months, I've learned much of the ins and outs of modern...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently working towards getting qualified as an electrician and am hoping to get my foot in the door with an apprenticeship or...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for abit of help/ advice, no one to really ask in person so thought i would post it up here. im an industrial maintenance...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am a IT trained person, with 25 years experience and 5 years as an apprentice Electrical Engineer. I though I would ask advice...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock