Search the forum,

Discuss need a crimping tool any advis please in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chopper

i has said i am looking for a new crimping tool my boss uses a ck one (red,blue,yellow) crimps and it seems to be ok is there ant better ones and does anyone know where i can get them for a good price a link would be great folks and cheers in advance

electric center do the SWA crimpers. good value at around £15

newlec crimpers are made by Cembre,and they are the dogs. They are expensive, but they do a good job, and in industrial environments,they willpass the scrutiny of the overseeing engineer, as they can be calibrated

Most 1.5mm to 6.00mm crimp tools have one half of the crimptool that does the crimping and the other that makes it kinda look pretty at each end, if you know what I mean, which is ok except if you get it the wrong way round it can go look as though it has crimped, and be quite firm, but all you have crimped onto is the insulation. I always go for the ones that crimp on both sides of the tool so you get a double crimp affect on the lug or ferrule. Not such a pretty finish, but always certain to be crimped up nice and tight, but you will have to shop around the wholesalers.
good luck.

Reply to need a crimping tool any advis please in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm looking to install a new bathroom extractor fan in my bathroom as I have a windowless bathroom and the current one I have installed in...
Replies
Views
Am absolutely gutted, my Fluke 1587 insulation tester appears it's had an unknown fatal incident. I was doing some testing a few days ago and was...
Replies
Views
Hello fellow sparks, I’m looking to do my testing and inspection course which starts on the 30th of April, but I have not got much testing...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm looking at getting a set of ferrules with a crimping tool but don't really want to spend the money on a knipex or similar one, so I've seen...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, so I'm changing careers from office / marketing and extremely excited to be starting my apprenticeship is September! Joining a local...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock