Search the forum,

Discuss Need help with supply fuse in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

To LEX

If you involve the DNO then they may require a BS7671 cert or other certificate of safety/compliance before reconnecting.

I'm hoping that you have a full set of calibrated test equipment so you can check your new consumer unit?
I am also hoping that you have (or will) notify the local authority before starting work, or are you a registered electrician?.

I have a fluke for testing. I'm registered with JIB but haven't told the local authority anything just yet. I've spoken to the DNO, they are coming out to fit a proper isolator so this issue won't come up again.

Do these new meters not have the built in isolator, I can see a small black hole top right but can't tell what it is, if there's a slotted screw in there a ninety degree turn isolates it.
Personally I would just take the cables out of the henleys.

Do these new meters not have the built in isolator, I can see a small black hole top right but can't tell what it is, if there's a slotted screw in there a ninety degree turn isolates it.
Personally I would just take the cables out of the henleys.
well....from what i remember there was a hoo ha over this....the DNO didn`t like the idea of built-in iso`s as they stood to lose money.....shameful really.....elf n sayfti anyone?...

I have a fluke for testing. I'm registered with JIB but haven't told the local authority anything just yet. I've spoken to the DNO, they are coming out to fit a proper isolator so this issue won't come up again.

Hmm, what sort of Fluke meter will that be then.
Does it have Insulation Resistance, low ohm and RCD testing facilities?

also

Does JIB allow you to self certify and notify installations in accordance with Part P? I wasn't aware of that little loophole....

Hmm, what sort of Fluke meter will that be then.
Does it have Insulation Resistance, low ohm and RCD testing facilities?

also

Does JIB allow you to self certify and notify installations in accordance with Part P? I wasn't aware of that little loophole....

Yes its all singing all dancing, didn't realise I'd signed up for the Spanish inquisition.
Doing a favour for a mate not commissioning big Ben!

Reply to Need help with supply fuse in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back