Discuss Need Transformaer secondary voltage and amps rating in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I need a help from members.
My transformer from JBL Sub Active woofer has failed.It 230 V primary and secondary no voltage details mentioned.It has five wires and center is ground.
In Service manual indicates ,First set two wires after bridge rectifier /Filter shows +15vdc,-15vdc (capacitor 35v and Diode 4A)Second set of two wires after bridge rectifier and filter shows only +Vsw,-Vsw(Capacitor 50V/ Diode 4 A).
Attached and sketch and PDF drawing.
I need to plan a replacement transformer.I decided to buy 0-18 & 0-24 vac but I dont know exact rating.its not a center tapped transformer.
I request you to members to find the secondary voltage between A&B , D&E with amps will be MORE helpful please.

If the power supply produces +15V and -15V right after the rectifier, you'll need something like a 10-0-10 secondary.

If the power supply produces +15V and -15V right after the rectifier, you'll need something like a 10-0-10 secondary.
Hello Bro,Ex transformer is not centre tapped.it has fuve wires and center is ground.

Attachments

• IMG-20210121-WA0015.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 5
It appears that the + and - 15volt supplies are produced by a regulator, and the input to this will be considerably higher than that.
I can't see the voltages anywhere on the diagram, and the only clue is the voltage rating of the electrolytics right after the bridge rectifiers. These are in series connected pairs, so the voltage across the upper pair will be somewhat under 70 volts, and the lower pair, somewhat under 100 volts.
Transformer windings for that will be something 35 volts and 50 volts, but there's a lot of guesswork here.

Typing the part number on the transformer into Google shows that you are not the first to have this problem. Plenty of search results, including a thread on another forum, where I think you've asked the same problem.
I've found one image saying the windings are 19-0-19 and 0-40, but I can't in any way confirm this.

You could try to dig the thermal fuse out of the transformer, short it out, power the Tx up and measure the voltages, but one of the threads Google produced said the fuse is right under the windings. It wouldn't be safe to continue to use this transformer.
If you've a lot of time to spare, you could remove the laminations, and unwind the transformer, counting the turns as you go, then simple division will give the voltage outputs.

It appears that the + and - 15volt supplies are produced by a regulator, and the input to this will be considerably higher than that.
I can't see the voltages anywhere on the diagram, and the only clue is the voltage rating of the electrolytics right after the bridge rectifiers. These are in series connected pairs, so the voltage across the upper pair will be somewhat under 70 volts, and the lower pair, somewhat under 100 volts.
Transformer windings for that will be something 35 volts and 50 volts, but there's a lot of guesswork here.

Typing the part number on the transformer into Google shows that you are not the first to have this problem. Plenty of search results, including a thread on another forum, where I think you've asked the same problem.
I've found one image saying the windings are 19-0-19 and 0-40, but I can't in any way confirm this.

You could try to dig the thermal fuse out of the transformer, short it out, power the Tx up and measure the voltages, but one of the threads Google produced said the fuse is right under the windings. It wouldn't be safe to continue to use this transformer.
If you've a lot of time to spare, you could remove the laminations, and unwind the transformer, counting the turns as you go, then simple division will give the voltage outputs.
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your reply.My final choice is Transformer Dismantling by professional repair person.I am also Dip in electrical but repair to My personal belonging feel bit shivering.at Last my own conclusion is two separate transformers with 0*15 & 0*24 because of fullwave rectification.I don't know it's correct or not.
Anyway thanks for yr guidance.

Reply to Need Transformaer secondary voltage and amps rating in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net