Discuss Nest on a Glow Worm 30CXI Combi Boiler fitting in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Toon2309

-
DIY
Reaction score
I bought a Nest and think i know how to fit it but want to check. I have a Glow Worm 30CXI combi boiler so only need to connect the heating side of things up and not the water.

I have located a pink and a light blue wire which appears to then connect to the wire which then links to the thermostat in another room. Is it a case of connecting the light blue and pink wires to numbers 2 & 3 on the nest heat link (and obviously rewire the thermostat to T1 & T2)? Does it matter which colour goes into 2 or 3?

That all depends on what the pink and blue wires are connected to and what they do?
It’s very unusual to see pink and light blue wires in an installation though, you haven’t opened up the boiler and started messing with the internal wiring have you?

I have located a pink and a light blue wire which appears to then connect to the wire which then links to the thermostat in another room. Is it a case of connecting the light blue and pink wires to numbers 2 & 3 on the nest heat link (and obviously rewire the thermostat to T1 & T2)? Does it matter which colour goes into 2 or 3?
in you past life ,did you work for the bomb disposal ?

Sorry if i'm hijacking this a thread a bit but I have said I will install a Nest thermostat for someone.
I have done many wireless stats a few Salus it500 and one Hive before.
The stats were all battery powered apart from the Hive that had to be plugged into a usb if i remember correctly although this was a couple of years ago and may have changed now.
From my understanding the Nest needs a 12v supply and ideally they want it were the old stat is so can you just put a pair from the three core in T1 and T2 on the heatlink for this and is 1.5mm a nightmare to fit in the stat terminals?

Reply to Nest on a Glow Worm 30CXI Combi Boiler fitting in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net