Discuss Neutral-Earth fault? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm curious as to what logical thought process lead to the RCD being replaced?
The fault occurs at exactly the same time every day, so unless your RCD has an in-built real time clock then I can't see how anyone thought it could be causing this issue?

The biggest clue here is that the fault occurs at a specific time,

Very sorry for writing so incoherently, I see that the others only when reading apparently did not have so much knowledge as some have here I should not have to lend - once again sorry.Bye

had call out to customer on day the boys in blue British gas fitted a brand new Worcester bosh boiler
they fitted 2 new pc boards could not find why the boiler was not working they rang
Worcester bosh the engineer he came, told her their is nothing wrong with the boiler he told the customer, and disconnect from fuse spur.
get you own spark in ,I found the boy is in blue put in a power shower and the boiler on the same s/f spur on 3amp fuse

Could also be a neutral problem with an adjacent property,
causing currents to flow via the common earth into your system.

try what was suggested in post number 2.

For the RCD to trip there usually has to be a fault on one of the circuits that it controls, however the trigger factor that governs when it trips might be on the other RCD or even outside your installation.. E.g., if you have a neutral-earth fault downstream of the RCD, the higher the neutral-earth voltage at your supply terminal the more likely the RCD is to trip. If there is a heavy load surge or transient from a nearby installation that momentarily pushes up the N-E voltage, it will be your RCD that trips because you've got the N-E fault, not the RCD at the installation generating the surge.

Therefore I would not waste time looking for some mystical timed device that you don't think you own, until you get some electrical testing done to discover whether there are any latent faults and what operating conditions your RCD is working under.

As above,testing is required...or authorities need to be advised of an accomplished intruder,with a torch,a watch and an 8K resistor...

Wiring abnomalities can cause issue's with ELB,s.
Especially if the neutral and earth systems are not 100%.
This was not the case without ELB's.

Reply to Neutral-Earth fault? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net