Discuss New bedroom wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Typically you would use a FCU (fused connection unit) for fusing down the supply for lights in such a scenario, as most light switches are rated at 10A and some lights specify a maximum over-current protection value for safety.

The lights are unlikely to need more than an amp or so anyway, so it may well be practical to use a 3A FCU for supplying both the lights and fan, with the fan simply on an isolation switch.

Is the socket outlet part of the ring final circuit, is the socket already spurred from the ring final circuit or is the socket part of a radial circuit.

Typically you would use a FCU (fused connection unit) for fusing down the supply for lights in such a scenario, as most light switches are rated at 10A and some lights specify a maximum over-current protection value for safety.

The lights are unlikely to need more than an amp or so anyway, so it may well be practical to use a 3A FCU for supplying both the lights and fan, with the fan simply on an isolation switch.

Is the socket outlet part of the ring final circuit, is the socket already spurred from the ring final circuit or is the socket part of a radial circuit.
Just to confirm the layout is correct.
Spur taken from double socket off final curcuit. To a 30a fused wall box then to 1x double socket to 5amp fused box 3 core + earth to led light then on to extractor. from light to switch and thanks much appreciated

I don't wish to sound uncharitable, but I don't believe that for one second and suspect those numbers have been lifted from post #2, after you originally asked if it was okay to run the fan and lighting from a 13A fused spur.

Ensure the fan is installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, regardless of who installs it, as failure to observe those instructions could result in fairly dire consequences.

**I'm not an electrician, but simply someone concerned by what you've posted**

I don't wish to sound uncharitable, but I don't believe that for one second and suspect those numbers have been lifted from post #2, after you originally asked if it was okay to run the fan and lighting from a 13A fused spur.

Ensure the fan is installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, regardless of who installs it, as failure to observe those instructions could result in fairly dire consequences.

**I'm not an electrician, but simply someone concerned by what you've posted**
Ok thats cool

Just to confirm the layout is correct.
Spur taken from double socket off final curcuit. To a 30a fused wall box then to 1x double socket to 5amp fused box 3 core + earth to led light then on to extractor. from light to switch and thanks much appreciated
Assuming the existing socket circuit is a Ring Final Circuit (on a 32A breaker), then unfortunately that is a spur off a spur which isn't compliant -

If the final circuit is a 20A or 16A radial then it would be compliant, but on a Ring Final Circuit you'd have to:

Ensure you are taking a feed from a socket on the ring
Fit a 13A Fused spur before the socket -
Feed the socket and the 5a Fused spur from that.

And ensure that RCD protection is in place as it is new wiring
Plus ensure you have complied with part P notification requirements if work in a bathroom is involved.

A lot is involved in what can seem simple extension work to ensure it is done safely and legally.

Reply to New bedroom wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net