Discuss New but old needing advice in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dipa

-
Reaction score
Hey guys great forum some good reads on here, my issue is Ive been in the trade since i left school done a full apprenticeship and passed also done my Part c at the time.

Ive been subbing for the last 20 years for a few firms around the country and travelling up and down the UK which is now not my cup of tea as its just awful getting anywhere these days and quote tiring but now I've been offered a job locally direct with a local firm and van provided but about 15hours less than my standard week.

The thing is I've not worked direct for anyone for many years and was wondering if any one could advise me the pros and cons of this arrangement and how much tax ni is deducted from a wage etc.

Id say 80%of the year i was subbing on a flat day rate with the occasional bit of price work thrown in.

Thanks for reading .

I'm on PAYE, with tax, NI and pension it works out around 25-30% off takes.

you get about £11k/year before tax, then 20% tax on rest of wage. not sure about NI. don't forget you can claim workwear and tools against tax.

nd don' tforget, if your wife/girlfriend is not in work, you can pay her /him ( got to be politically inept here ) up to the tax/NI threshold a s a receptionist/tele answerer/secretary and claim it back.

Reply to New but old needing advice in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Have an issue i'd love some advice on if anyone would be so kind. Will try to be brief. Thank you!! So, have an intermittent RCD trip at...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
I am in a bit of a pinch at the moment and trying to argue a massive amount of used of electricity with my provider which I find it hard to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock