Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss New EICR in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Guest 004

Guest 004 Guest

These new forms that are effective from 1st Jan 2012 I read, do they apply to all installations or just domestic?

2. jase

jase Electrician's Arms

depend who you are with, if your with NICEIC they arent effective till july apparently :bucktooth:

3. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    they apply to all installations.

4. Guest 004

Guest 004 Guest

thanks, so no more code 4's, so warning notices and such are now code 3?

5. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

They apply to all installations up to 100 Amp supply.

6. Guest 004

Guest 004 Guest

Oh thanks Murdoch, as the installations I have been testing are 400 Amp

7. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

In which case you are probably OK as I don't think that the amendment to BS 7671 specifies what certificate for above 100A. I'm sure that there will be people here with opinions!

8. Guest 004

Guest 004 Guest

Yeah lets wait for the big boys

been out of the country for 6 months, so kinda lost touch a little.

9. brucelee

brucelee Trusted Advisor

as far as i know it is just for installations with upto 100A supply so anything bigger i would say is still a PIR but others with far more knowledge and experience may know better than I

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  10. euron

euron Guest

The IETElectrical Installation Condition Report Certificates are for Domestic and SimilarPremises with up to 100amp supply.
    Myunderstanding of BS7671 is that this is to be used from Jan 2012.
    They can be downloaded from the IET website.

11. D80

D80 Guest

Wasn't aware of the 100Amp part. It's not an area I am likely to be looking at any time soon, but is a PIR what is still issued there then?

Been writing up my first "big" EICR tonight, 19 sodding pages. Don't know if its a software issue atm (I use Easycert) but too much double referencing for it all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SPARTYKUS

SPARTYKUS Trusted Advisor

Didnae naey aboot the hoodred amp thingae och.

13. mogga

mogga Just me Electrician's Arms

19 pages piddly small site that iv got 330 more to be added lol loads of dbs the same so the "Copy board" feature is earning its keep right now

• Like Like x 2
  14. IQ Electrical

IQ Electrical Trusted Advisor

The documentation is the same for supplies of 100A or greater with the exception of the inspection schedules.

It was decided that the schedules would only apply to supplies of 100A or less, no inspection schedules are necessary on supplies greater than 100A

The old style schedule of inspections is only to be used when new installation work is being certified.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Steve Richards

Steve Richards Guest

I have just received inspection pads from the NICEIC for domestic and for supplies greater than 100amps. They have inspection schedules for both. The inspection schedule for the "greater than 100 amps condition reports" follows the regs with boxes to be filled in. Have an NIC inspection on the 9th of March so will ask what is required? seems there is confusion over this?:banghead:

• Like Like x 1