Discuss New flat supply in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
Council block of flats

Ryfeild board in ground floor intake (60a bs88 fuse)

flat is directly above intake 2 floors up- but flat fuse board and meter is in middle of flat (not by front door)

Is it ok/ good practise for installing a new supply like the following:

3core 16mm SWA XLPE from Ryfeild (through the 2 floors cleated to the wall in communal area) run approx 10m

Then made off into a metal adaptable box outside the flat front door

using 16mm through crimps covered with heat-shrink

then from this point- 16mm double insulated tails and 16mm G/Y single core in plastic mt4 surface along the hall inside the flat approx 8m run- to the meter and board.

cheers.

Council block of flats

Ryfeild board in ground floor intake (60a bs88 fuse)

flat is directly above intake 2 floors up- but flat fuse board and meter is in middle of flat (not by front door)

Is it ok/ good practise for installing a new supply like the following:

3core 16mm SWA XLPE from Ryfeild (through the 2 floors cleated to the wall in communal area) run approx 10m

Then made off into a metal adaptable box outside the flat front door

using 16mm through crimps covered with heat-shrink

then from this point- 16mm double insulated tails and 16mm G/Y single core in plastic mt4 surface along the hall inside the flat approx 8m run- to the meter and board.

cheers.

Have you not thought about moving the board and maybe meter moved?

Is it landlords meter or power companies?

(As it is surface it doesnt need rcd protection so it is allowed)

Have you not thought about moving the board and maybe meter moved?

Is it landlords meter or power companies?

(As it is surface it doesnt need rcd protection so it is allowed)

Thanks for quick reply.

L/L responsibility

its not my job or a future job etc

its how my company I work for have been doing a few flats recently.

i thought a isolator would be needed due to lengthy run (or is just the fuse in the ryfeild sufficient?)

Thanks for quick reply.

L/L responsibility

its not my job or a future job etc

its how my company I work for have been doing a few flats recently.

i thought a isolator would be needed due to lengthy run (or is just the fuse in the ryfeild sufficient?)

If you do put an isolator in next to adaptable make sure it can be locked on or off. Otherwise someone might use it to tap in before meter.

And give key to landlord not tenant

Anything before the meter is.........unmetered and therefor subject to security.
You should have no access to the Ryefield as it should have a DNO padlock on it.

Boydy

Reply to New flat supply in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net