Discuss New Kitchen Electrics in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave OCD

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The attached picture shows a typical example of how I normally do the RFC & cooker circuit wiring when a new kitchen is being fitted. I had a plumber who I hadn't met before criticise this as 'all the wiring should be chased in or in trunking' which I found bloody irritating as the clipped wiring will all be in the void behind the new base units.
What are your opinions ? WP_20150924_16_15_44_Pro.jpgWP_20150924_16_15_51_Pro.jpg

The attached picture shows a typical example of how I normally do the RFC & cooker circuit wiring when a new kitchen is being fitted. I had a plumber who I hadn't met before criticise this as 'all the wiring should be chased in or in trunking' which I found bloody irritating as the clipped wiring will all be in the void behind the new base units.
What are your opinions ? View attachment 30295View attachment 30296
Dave tell him to mind his own business, you know it's pucker.

Don't worry I do have a backbone Dave, told him to ---- off and just concentrate on doing his own job right [which looked rather rough tbh]. ;)

Tell him straight, you are not telling him how to do his job. Hand him a copy of the BYB and ask him to point out whichever reg he is referring to,if he cant then he should shut the **** up.

That said (being picky!!)I would use 20mm pipe into 35mm boxes.....seen far to many pinched wires in 25mm boxes. Neat job though mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can see one Cable clip that is not quite straight, this in the plumbers World might be classed as a code 1 and would need a drip test, but in the reel world it looks nice and tidy

Very tidy but we were requested to run the cables low level so the kitchen fitter didnt have the notch out the back of the base units

Just what I was thinking. My builder generally has flush units so would tell me to lower them! However, I'm guessing you already know there is a cavity behind the units and he's happy to pop the odd notch in the units. Very neat ☺

It takes said kitchen fitter 2 seconds to cut unit to fit cables, to drop cables to a point where kitchen fitter would not have to cut out would cost more in Materials and Labour and the customer would have a heart attack when they got the bill

neaqt job. tell wet pants to stick his head back in the bog where it belongs.

Dave if I ever find you taking advice from a man that spends his day playing with **** I will ban you for life from the forum.:hand:

Very neat job by the way.

Reply to New Kitchen Electrics in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net