Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss New Member, Looking for professional help regarding GN3 and On-site guide. in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Jack Brown

Jack Brown New EF Member

Good Morning all,

I am a new member, initially drawn to the forums by the technical help given by you guys and any potential help I may be able to offer.

I am currently doing my AM2, (After 8 years in the industry) As I believe that I need all my papers up to date for the way the industry is going. I am currently working as an electrical site manager and have been revising during the day for the exam at the end of the AM2 (C&G 2382) I believe ?

Getting to the point I cannot seem to reference the regulation numbers from the onsite guide & GN3 to any other document I.e. BS7671. For example

Page 74 of the onsite guide shows (522.6.102) 'In domestic or similar installations....' Where can I reference this number to as (Part 5, Chapter 2, Section 2, reg 6 of BS7671) does not relate to that of the on site guide...

I bet im being stupid but I cant see it for the life of me... Many thanks if your still with me.

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    if i recall, 522.6.102 refers to cables buried in walls < 50mm deep.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FatAlan

FatAlan Trainee Trainee Access

Are you looking at the corresponding up to date versions of the various guides? Just a thought:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Archy Styrigg

Archy Styrigg Forum Mentor

5. Jack Brown

Jack Brown New EF Member

They are not the up to date revisions but they are of the same issue i.e. they are bth 17th Ed so should be able to cross-reference ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jack Brown

Jack Brown New EF Member