Discuss new screens for iPhones in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

i thought this was geordie's motor.......................................

Burnt+out+Car.jpg
i told him not to park it in garston.

You can buy a new LCD Digitizer screen (which is what you need) from Ebay for about a fiver they come with 2 Electronic drivers for the Tiny screws but be aware changing the screens isn't a an easy process as theres like 15/20 screws you have to take off before you can remove/replace the screen I really strongly suggest you watch a Youtube tutorial on how it's done ,I cracked my screen a couple of months back & went to replace mine but after taking about 10 screws out the next 2 screws had worn threads on them so couldn't do it so I snapped the phone in halve in Frustration & had to buy another phone which I only had for about 2 weeks before I lost it on a night out & had to buy another one again so I ended up spending 230 on two I4's when I could have just took my first phone to a shop & paid about 40 quid to replace the screen!!

i've got the samsung galaxy. batteries go down quick when bluetooth and wireless tinternet are switched on. had it replaced under insurance about 5 months ago, coz. i couldn't hear anyone on the phone. other wise, it's fine. best thing about is that mrs. tel can't use it.

and dylan's just fired out the back door like a catapult launched F16 off an A/C. next door's cat escaped by a whisker.

The battery on my Sony Xperia thing goes down on me faster than Tidyboiler.

I think the £10 will be for the digitiser. If the LCD screen is damaged as well then it will cost quite a bit more. I did mine after dropping it after just 2 weeks cost me about £70 for the LCD and digitiser.

I think the £10 will be for the digitiser. If the LCD screen is damaged as well then it will cost quite a bit more. I did mine after dropping it after just 2 weeks cost me about £70 for the LCD and digitiser.

The LCD Digitizer comes attached to the screens you can buy from Ebay for only a fiver

iv'e never seen a new screen and digitizer for £5 for just the digitizer yes, I do a lot iphone and ipod touch screen replacements, got 3 to do tonight, depends what iphone you have the 3 is done totally different to the 4, normally if it is the 4 easier just to replace the screen and digitizer, fixed quite a few for people who have just bought the digitizer and tried themselves and ended up knackering the lcd screen with the heatgun, just watch some videos for your model of phone and you will be ok, one tip for you if you do it yourself have a clear working space and put screws on a piece of paper in the same layout you have took them out, they are not all the same, and expect to pay £15 to £20 for both screen and digitizer together, if like others have said they are only £5 for both send me a link please and I will buy the lot

Agree with above. Its like micro surgery. A big magnifying glass helped. I put all screws on a white sheet of paper and numbered each batch I removed. YouTube videos to see how its done. I can see why they use small children to assemble these things :)

At service point you pay 45-50pounds for replacement unit worth 15pounds max with all tools on ebay. They charge you minimum 35pounds for 3-4minutes of labour.

@crow11 - 5 or 10pounds does it really matter?;/

Get it done at iPhone shop or warranty will be out of the window buddy
If its already out of warranty then go for your computer shop or DIY

At service point you pay 45-50pounds for replacement unit worth 15pounds max with all tools on ebay. They charge you minimum 35pounds for 3-4minutes of labour.

@crow11 - 5 or 10pounds does it really matter?;/

yes it does matter between £5 & £15, alot of people get confused between the digitizer and the screen, just look on ebay and people think they are getting both for £5, the op says he might do it himself was pointing out that is just for a digitiser, so the op buys it for a fiver then finds out its just the digitizer then breaks the lcd screen trying to separate the old one then as to order lcd screen so then the job as trippled just for parts, get it all the time when i tell people the parts are about £15 and i get the reply no there not there about a fiver on ebay and then have to explain, you will find the same for any electronic repairs just go to the tv shop and have the caps replaced which is common on alot of tellys with powering on issues costs about £1 for the parts and takes about 10 mins to do and expect to pay more than £45 -£50, they have to make a living, or take it apple and get charged double that, agree it is good money for little time and work but thats the way it is

Reply to new screens for iPhones in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net