Discuss NICEIC Surveillance visit in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

AMC

Hi all, got my NICIEC surveillance visit tomorrow, transferred from ELECSA reluctantly, only because a few builders dont recognise ELECSA! Havent received any sort of 'Welcome' pack or checklist etc from the NICEIC and the transfer of registration has generally be a right pain as they seem to be impossible to get any sort of answers from! Just wondered if they do anything differently from ELECSA or require any additonal documents other than the usual public liability, calibration docs, certs, sample quotes/invoices, 17th editon, EAWR, on site guide and Part P Document. Also unlike ELECSA, do they always want 2 jobs? I have access to 2, got one board change on one job, and a new garage submain, sockets and lights on the other site. Only problem is I might struggle with access to the garage submain job as the builder wants to go to a meeting at 3 and my assessment is 1pm, also the 2nd site is a good 20/25 minutes away!

not sure if the domestic installer is anything like the approved contractor assessment, but if it is it will be quite difficult if your not 100% prepared, usually a full day and 5 jobs needs to be looked at, the domestic installer of course may be different, but in general the NICEIC are pretty organised although, and as high tower mentioned, the good news is they do usually do a pre assessment which helps.

Hey thanks for your replies, its for the DI scheme, i already have the certificate from them to say im enrolled and registered on the NICEIC DI SCHEME as i have 'proved' by technical ability presumably becuase i was already with ELECSA. I transferred half way through the year to NIC for free so I dont know/think they are treating this as a 'first' visit. What is a pre-assessment?! The letter from them stated it was a 'surveillance' visit :dizzy2:

pre assessment only applies to the approved contractor scheme, Domestic installer is just two jobs and check of insurance calibration certs etc pretty much the same as elecsa

Hi all, thanks for replies, it was a bog standard yearly visit, visit 2 sites, test, inspect, paperwork etc etc. The inspector was amazed as to why the NICEIC had given me my certificate of compliance and registration number without any assessment as he believed he was coming to do a 'new contractor' assessment but instead could only carry out a periodic assessment as I was already on board! He said he had never seen anyone allowed to transfer halfway through the year without prior assessment and apparently a guy just down the road from me who also transferred from ELECSA had to have a 'new contractor' assessment as he wasnt allowed to transfer half way through, he subsequently failed the NICEIC assessment due to problems with one of his sites :sad_smile:

Oh well, all done for another year! :hurray:

Reply to NICEIC Surveillance visit in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net