Discuss Nissan Almera Heating fuse blowing in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pinto

Hi,

I spent ages trying to figure out why the heating does not work, I read the manual, referred to the fuse box under the steering wheel and checked each fuse until I found that both fuses for the heating had blown 15amp. I went to Halfords and bought replacements.

I put them in and they have both blown again. I have no idea what to do next. Any suggestions? I need to get the car MOTed and would like to make sure everything is running smoothly before it takes the test.

Thanks in advance
Pamela

You may have a short circuit or a failed unit but you will need someone familiar with a multimeter to determine. What I will say is don't keep replacing fuses with a fault present as you may create further issues for yourself.

as above. needs an auto electrician . a non working heater is not a MOT fail though.

Hi dude,i take it you mean the fuses blow when blower speeds are selected? I think some of that range has separate fusing to the blower speed resistor,so fault could be in that,or motor.

A bit of digging with a multimeter is needed to confirm function of motor at least. :icon12:

Please don't bridge the fuse with wire no matter how tempting it is. Wiring loom fires are the easiest thing in the world to start and one of the most difficult to extinguish. You'll need an auto electrician to test the fan and the circuit and find the fault.

Please don't bridge the fuse with wire no matter how tempting it is. Wiring loom fires are the easiest thing in the world to start and one of the most difficult to extinguish. You'll need an auto electrician to test the fan and the circuit and find the fault.

And expensive to replace.

In all probability it will be the motor and there is a method to prove this , but if you are unfamiliar with fault finding do as the others have suggested and get a pro to look at it.

A harness fire may well write your car off and also cause you serious injury.

the speed controller for the fan is an electronic gizmo containing things like SCRs. these are prone to failing and drawing excessive current.

Thank you all for your replies!
I took it to the garage for the MOT. Yes you were quite right, not failed for the fan heater but for the coil spring (offside front) and wheel bearing (nearside front).

The mechanic freed the motor??? If that makes any sense? I should get the car back tomorrow. I know the repair costing £350 with mot is costing more than the car is worth but at least I have a car that gets me from A to B :)

At least I carried out the bits and pieces for the MOT that I could do and save a few pennies.

Thanks again all for helping.

Pamela

....The mechanic freed the motor??? If that makes any sense?

Freeing it by hand will only be a short term fix. Sounds like the motor was seized in which case the damage won't be fixable and it will probably need replacing at some time soon.

Good luck and hope you get it through the MOT.

Unless leaves and debris have got into the air dam and clogged the motor. I hope it goes for a long time yet.

Last edited:
Hi it may be a sized motor if you can get to it you can spin it to see if it free failing that the speed Resistor is normally in the ducting pipe work in the foot wells poss have to remove glove box to get at both and try unplugging them one by one until the fuse stops blowing

What's up with you guys, where's your manners? The 'dude' or 'he' is called Pamela. ;)

Apologies to the OP...i remember just how embarrassed i was,when i made this same mistake,at my first "Dogging" meet....:bobby:

Reply to Nissan Almera Heating fuse blowing in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net