Discuss No electric in my garage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Looks like the main switch in the garage is a different make to the mcb's. My guess it's been replaced from a RCD and not made.

Hi im telling you as much as i know all the work so far was carried out the electrician that was hired by the builder that converted the garage or when the house was built.

Honestly mate the best advice we can give you, is what we've already told you: Call in a Decent Qualified Electrician to sort it all out for you Safely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi im telling you as much as i know all the work so far was carried out the electrician that was hired by the builder that converted the garage or when the house was built.

I think the fact you keep fishing for information after being told you need an electrician in to sort out the problems and test the arrangements as safe to use is making people suspicious. They may be suspicious that you intend to fix the problem yourself, and possibly installed the circuit, complete with faults, yourself.
You can allay these suspicions by calling out an electrician to sort this for you.

Ok thanks to all for the info. I havnt installed anything myself. I admitedly thaught if its a case of replacing the switch i feel confident to do that myself but with the other thing hilighted i will ring someone thanks again.

Ok thanks to all for the info. I havnt installed anything myself. I admitedly thaught if its a case of replacing the switch i feel confident to do that myself but with the other thing hilighted i will ring someone thanks again.

This is the wise choice. It is not just a case of swapping components. There are issues to be addressed with the methods of installation and circuits will need testing with the proper equipment and knowledge of testing procedure.

Reply to No electric in my garage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net