Discuss No lights upstairs! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Alexspeight

Hi
Instead of my lighting circuit being (GGG) (R) (BRR) (BB)
I actually have (GGG) (RRR) (B) (BB)

The light circuit 'was' working, however I went to change the end fitting and found this, now it doesn't work and blows the main fuse.
My problem is, I do not know which is the mains feed, or the circuit, or switch wires.....

ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

if i were a hippopotamus , i could wallow in that mud. just call a local electrician.

Live pair in, live pair out, live and switched live down to the switch

Your weeing in the wind without any test equipment. Just get someone in who knows what they are doing.

Your weeing in the wind without any test equipment. Just get someone in who knows what they are doing.
Yes mate I tend to agree with you, you can throw all sorts of advice at someone who is obviously not competent and it will make nil difference, OP get someone in who knows the score.

he's in portsmouth.

Reply to No lights upstairs! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

90s house electric issues continues 🥲 So after getting some good advice here I've managed to sort out some of the heating issues so thank you...
Replies
Views
Hello all- I hope this is the right place to ask this question. A few weeks ago the LED lights in the kitchen started flickering intermittently...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have recently encountered that my circuit breaker for the upstairs lights keeps tripping. I flick it back on and immediately it trips...
Replies
Views
I am currently looking to add 12v led cob strip lights to my mother's kitchen but confused what I need. There are currently mains wires under the...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock