Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Nokia 6310i Phone (2012) Not Charging in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Trevor2522

Trevor2522 EF Member

Have tried 2 different transformers but cannot get the charging signal (increasing line of blocks) to appear in the LCD. Also tried a spare battery but still no indication of juice going in. What could the fault / remedy be? Thanks.

2. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    It could be a broken solder joint where the charging socket is mounted on the PCB of the phone. Or even a dirty contact between the phone and the battery. Or, the batteries themselves might be past their best.

3. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Maybe consider buying another off ebay ?

4. snowhead

snowhead Trusted Advisor

5. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

Ah, the business workhorse 6310i...how I loved mine! Unlikely to be a battery problem, it is huge, the whole back of the phone, and holds its charge for ever. Are you using the original charger? It is sensitive that way, and the input jack size is critical. Sadly, I just sent all my chargers for recycling, having amassed about 20 over a few years...always the way, keep 'em for ages, bin 'em, someone wants one...
    However, I do have the phone! If it's of any use, let me know and I'll pop it in a jiffy bag. You can give your favourite charity a wee donation to cover postage.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Trevor2522

Trevor2522 EF Member

My good friend 'pirate' very kindly set me his old, but very clean, Nokia 6310i phone. I bought a cigarette lighter charger for the car and a 2-pin mains charger for home and travel -- now charges fine. eBay was good for those at a good price. Old charger had clearly failed but one never knows until a new one is tested side-by-side.