Currently reading:
Now I know who is making money from Green Deal....

Discuss Now I know who is making money from Green Deal.... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Berneray

Bit the bullet and decided to get Domestic Energy and Green Deal Assessor qualified.

Today was the first day of the course. 15 guys being trained at approx £1500 each equals £22500 for the training company for a four day course....

Course seems fairly straight forward.....Doing an EPC looks like a mix of comon sense and accurate measuring.....

And if nothing else I can do our own EPC's saving £75 a go.

However I am now getting a handle on where the angle will be. And why some of the bigger PV solar companies and window companies are sending their sales force on these courses...

The selling part will have to come at the Green Deal Assessement stage.....It will be the assessors that will be in the position to recommend and explain the measures to be carried out...as they are the ones in front of the customer....Not the Provider or the Installer.....

And if the Assessor....Provider......and Installer.....are all employed by the same company.....whether obviously or via sister companies...then happy days for the direct sales type companies....

I can just hear the sales pitches being sharpened as I type....."No Mr & Mrs Customer....this will not cost you a single penny. Not one." .........and if the measures do not meet the Golden Rule......and the customer needs to contribute something towards the cost....then these companies will have in house finance to make up the difference....

Of course I could be completely wrong!

I have a mate who has done the same course , he used to sell mortgages before the recession.
He is working for a local Electrical Contractor and has been told to sell PV first.
Says all I need to know about the Green Deal.

this has been my point on many a thread.

I have been to a lot of the "Green Deal" launch seminars available.

the Conservatives are known for this strategy of Big companies running everything.

we as small installers will not get a look in compared to those offering the "Green Deal"

you may be a qualified assessor at the end of this course but the customer will go direct to the Green Deal finance company and the installers and assessors will have to be in there pocket.

just to point out a green deal assessor has to remain impartial if they work on commission they must tell the customer.

also a green deal adviser can NOT make a product meet the golden rule !

they first must do an EPC (if it does not excess) then an occupancy report

from this info a green deal report is produced which should be given to the customers ,

Then the customer has a choice of taking the report to any provider or installer of course some companys will do it all inhouse

but the KEY BUZZWORD all the DECC and training companys are using is IMPARTIAL GREEN DEAL ADVICE.

if you need any advice installer or customers plenty of info on our site .

just to point out a green deal assessor has to remain impartial if they work on commission they must tell the customer.

also a green deal adviser can NOT make a product meet the golden rule !

they first must do an EPC (if it does not excess) then an occupancy report

from this info a green deal report is produced which should be given to the customers ,

Then the customer has a choice of taking the report to any provider or installer of course some companys will do it all inhouse

but the KEY BUZZWORD all the DECC and training companys are using is IMPARTIAL GREEN DEAL ADVICE.

if you need any advice installer or customers plenty of info on our site .

you don't live in the real world

the BIG companies will advertise the Green Deal (British Gas or Plumbcentre etc)

they will offer in-house assessment, installation and finance.

there will be small print saying you can get this independently, but it will be like a trip to sainsburys when you know the fresh loaf is better at the farmers market, you think about it but its more convenient to get it all at once.

our company cannot offer Nectar points or advertise on ITV every 20 mins, we've been cut out of the equation.

the same thing happened with the HIPs, this is nothing new

your asking your customer to:

a) listen to the British Gas advert
b) ignore British Gas and find a small local assessor
c) ignore the local assessors contacts and find a local installer
d) return to British Gas for the finance because there is no option for small business to finance Green Deal

as I have said on many a thread, the Green Deal cannot work for small business (but I was just called negative)

Great thread!!!
however I've spoken with mep a few times and realised you need to do whatever it takes to be a provider this way you can do what the big boys are doing

Great thread!!!
however I've spoken with mep a few times and realised you need to do whatever it takes to be a provider this way you can do what the big boys are doing

I'm sorry to upset you, but, you will waste your money getting ready for the green deal.
the only people to make money out of this scheme will be the governing bodies and the training schools.

there is also massive flaws in the scheme.

The system on the customers house will not be owned by the customer until the loan is repaid. in otherwords the Green Deal Provider will own the system.
we are (as I'm sure you are) MCS accredited and they specify loads of regulations regarding the contract between the installer and the customer.
if the contract is between the installer and the Green Deal Provider, then the homeowner is not entitled to the Feed in Tariff.

this is a massive government sponsored Rent-A-Roof scheme that only government backed companies can take part in

Sorry to correct you but the feeds tariff is in the green deal but not allowed in the golden rule for Calcs
this info is direct from a person who sits in with the decc

Sorry to correct you but the feeds tariff is in the green deal but not allowed in the golden rule for Calcs
this info is direct from a person who sits in with the decc

incorrect.

this is the main sticking point and one of the reasons why the Domestic Green Deal will not be ready until March, when it should have been August then October.

without the FiT the loan would never be repaid.

I have also sat in with the decc many a time last year, and frequently visited Parliament with the Micropwer Council to try and work out what was available and when.

I know I am being negative towards the Green Deal, but would love to be proved wrong and told I have it wrong.
My company has been installing since 2009 and we went MCS before the FiT launched in April 2010, but, in March our membership will need renewing and I'm thinking of leaving solar as I cant see any future with Green Deal

I know I am being negative towards the Green Deal, but would love to be proved wrong and told I have it wrong.
My company has been installing since 2009 and we went MCS before the FiT launched in April 2010, but, in March our membership will need renewing and I'm thinking of leaving solar as I cant see any future with Green Deal
I reckon that'd be a mistake, not because of green deal, but because green deal is largely irrelevant to the solar market, and the solar market should recover this year now things have settled down and half the band wagon jumpers have left the scene.

the Rent-a-Roof is what I think ruined the Feed-in-Tariff scheme

Why say that it was the Tory party that changed the rules?

The reason I asked about the rent-a-roof scheme was because I don’t know how it got its name

My contract state’s

Particulars to the lease plan excludes (for the avoidance of doubt) the structure walls and roof of the building

So I am not giving up my freehold status and not able to sell my house and the other misinformation given by some forum members

All HomeSun are doing is using airspace 2”inchs above my roof, I don’t mind I didn’t want to use it anyway.

I live in a closed military airspace and I could not write down the registration of a Typhoon or Tornados fighter jets there gone in a flash so I cannot bill the RAF for using my airspace!!!

Seems since we had the panels installed they use them as a visual markers because we are getting more jets flying right over us now than before

Reply to Now I know who is making money from Green Deal.... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock