Discuss NVQ 3 Completed finally !!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well done Alex

Just out of interest, how did you manage to get it done being self employed?

Same as working for a company, but you have to get the jobs, so for instance I hade to wait a month or so for a alarm to come in to sign of my control circuits required to meet the criteria and then have it verified by a qualified person and then the assessor checks it off and hey presto...

Had to be somebody who had the nvq already, heard on here that isn't always the case, but that was what i was told so thats who I got. Makes more sense than any Joe bloggs

Had to be somebody who had the nvq already, heard on here that isn't always the case, but that was what i was told so thats who I got. Makes more sense than any Joe bloggs

Either do it that way, or find someone who holds the Level 3 Assessors qualification in Assessing Competence in the workplace, and covers the trade, such as me.

Not that i am offering to go here there and everywhere to assess NVQ's.

Cheers.........Howard

Last edited by a moderator:
There seems to be a lot of bad feeling around the Nvq , eveyone seems to think Its a fiddle, but It can take sometime to get done if your dotting all the i's etc.. its like anything else you get out what you put in.

There seems to be a lot of bad feeling around the Nvq , eveyone seems to think Its a fiddle, but It can take sometime to get done if your dotting all the i's etc.. its like anything else you get out what you put in.

Its bloody hard work, don't underestimate the efforts required to get through, and well done Alex.

Just got my paperwork through today from Delta training, it looks pretty intense! I have managed to get my mate to sign of the evidence as he has his NVQ3 so i can use him as my witness! So thats one issue out the way, now next one is to hire a 24/7 cameraman! This brings back so many memories of college days! lol

Just got my paperwork through today from Delta training, it looks pretty intense! I have managed to get my mate to sign of the evidence as he has his NVQ3 so i can use him as my witness! So thats one issue out the way, now next one is to hire a 24/7 cameraman! This brings back so many memories of college days! lol

Why the cameraman? Just use your mobile phone, print them off, date sign, countersigned, job done.
What i tell my lads about photographic evidence is, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PERMISSION before you go snap happy, some companies are a bit fussy about who see's their practices and procedures, or their kit under development. People can and do find themselves unemployed for breaching confidentiality etc.

Cheers..........Howard

Reply to NVQ 3 Completed finally !!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net