Search the forum,

Discuss Nvq 3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Be very careful about what you decide to sign up for. It doesnt matter who tells you what or how much and what you will get or do, if you are sold an NVQ 3 then you must have a job. NVQ 3's can only be done in the work place, if anyone tells you otherwise, then they are lying or are going to try an frig it for you.

I have several on my books doing the NVQ 3 and are only doing domestic with a small amount of commercial, so to get them the industrial experience i loan them to other companies, and they in turn loan their industrial lads to the domestics to get their experience. Depending on which NVQ/course you do will depend on whether or not you need to do the AM2, not all need it.

Dillbs prices above are a fair representation of what you should be paying.

Cheers..............Howard

Be very careful about what you decide to sign up for. It doesnt matter who tells you what or how much and what you will get or do, if you are sold an NVQ 3 then you must have a job. NVQ 3's can only be done in the work place, if anyone tells you otherwise, then they are lying or are going to try an frig it for you.

I have several on my books doing the NVQ 3 and are only doing domestic with a small amount of commercial, so to get them the industrial experience i loan them to other companies, and they in turn loan their industrial lads to the domestics to get their experience. Depending on which NVQ/course you do will depend on whether or not you need to do the AM2, not all need it.

Dillbs prices above are a fair representation of what you should be paying.

Cheers..............Howard

Thanks all - I have decided to write to prospective employers (construction firms) first explaining my situation and hopefully I'll get a break...I have stipulated that I will offer to pay the cost of any training as they cannot get funding for adult trainees.

Howard would you say this is the best way, with you being in the position that you are?

Hi DougB,

Just spotted this thread and wanted to contribute based on our experience with our trainees.

The overwhelming majority find work either during or after they take our 2365 course. This is because by front loading your training you show commitment and drive to succeed in this industry. If an employer can see that have already completed your tech certs they know that you will come armed with much of the knowledge to be much more useful, much sooner.

As stated by others in this thread you can then get your NVQ whilst on site and working under supervision.

Our 2365 course package contains both diplomas, your 17th edition and the bridging units too so when you do want to do your NVQ you can easily tranfser in.

With regards to our course being "extortionate" I too know many cheaper places that you can take this course, However most other companies train over fewer days and many train with no study breaks making it very hard to complete the qualification. We recently had a number of people attend with us who had failed to complete this course with a different company and were very happy with the way in which we deliver our 2365. It may also be that other companies are able to access funding to cover part of the cost of the course for you.

Whatever you decide we wish you the best of luck.

Thanks all - I have decided to write to prospective employers (construction firms) first explaining my situation and hopefully I'll get a break...I have stipulated that I will offer to pay the cost of any training as they cannot get funding for adult trainees.

Howard would you say this is the best way, with you being in the position that you are?

See reply below from tradeskills, they seem to know what they are on about.

Dougb, maybe you could start a thread here in the electricians unite forum. Briefly explain your position/plans and where you're based. You never know someone might be interested in giving you a start. Either way, good luck

Reply to Nvq 3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock