Discuss Old 6MM Grey sheath black and red protective insulation etc in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

ian65

Plesae could some one give me the values of the CPC for Greay with black and red sleeving as i am doing an install and especialy the 6mm is definately not the same as Brown & Blue
Any help welcome thanks Ian.

Hi thanks for your replys,
i am doing an install and it definately looks more like 4mm than any thing else trying to put a yellow and green sheeth over is not so easy apart from cut some larger ie. 10/16mm cpc cable and use the sheath. The cables are already in situ and looking to completely finish so i can then get it inspected as i am not part of a notifiable group as yet but i will be doing all paper work for new install for consumer unit and new 9.5Kw shower and fan

Many thanks for info all, Ian

Hi the 2.5mm looks to small and trying to cover for 17th with sheath is inpossible and i am not using tape looks very tacky and not professional. This is a test peice for joining a notifaible group at the end so every thing has to be in order. Many thanks for your reply, Ian.

Reply to Old 6MM Grey sheath black and red protective insulation etc in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm trying to rewire an old plug. I've rewired a few in my time, but all have been with the post-2006 wire colours. I have this old welder...
Replies
Views
I’d appreciate your professional views on this question, as I’ve had 2 of the associated electrical bodies quizzed on this.!!!! ON changing/up...
Replies
Views
Getting desperate to clear my small garage, and I have a bit of old red/black T&E. I used a few bits to add a socket or two in my flat and a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm getting conflicting stories about this, I wonder if someone could put this to bed once and for all. I'm replacing a consumer unit in the...
Replies
Views
I am not a qualified electrician, I was employed as an electrician after my MoD electronics apprenticeship but that was 30 odd years ago. So I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock