Currently reading:
Opinions please

Discuss Opinions please in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mayfair

Hi Guys
As you know i live and work in Spain and im in the market for a new toolbag. Ive seen the post about the veto looks great but bit pricey. Iam thinking about ordering from UK the CK technicians tool bag but i only have pic of it, so is it thick material and are the pockets nice n strong for poking in screwdrivers cutters etc any opinions would be helpful, bit difficult when you can feel the thing if you know what i mean
CK TOOLS|T1630|CASE, TECHNICIAN'S TOOL | CPC .

I use this tool bag for my testing and inspect gear only. It's perfect for me holding all my documentation inside + laptop with a set of screwdrivers on the side and stationary equipment on the other side. The bag is very well made and pockets are well made and strong.

If your going to use this bag as your day to day tool kit bag I wouldn't say its suitable for an electrician to be used in all working environments.

I use STANLEY FATMAX 18" DENIER OPEN TOTE TOOL BAG - 193951 on eBay (end time 21-Apr-11 17:16:24 BST) and very happy with it.

Just my opinion!

Last edited:
good bags mate to be fair. i got one for around twenty quid i think from the elecky ctr. if thats any cheaper than you can find one for let me know and i will post one out to you

so phil the pockets where you can put the drivers nice n strong yes, btw ordered more wagos today ........Gonna fill spain with them LOL
good bags mate to be fair. i got one for around twenty quid i think from the elecky ctr. if thats any cheaper than you can find one for let me know and i will post one out to you

Last edited by a moderator:
Only bought it just after xmas and not had much use yet due to some personal issues.

Plenty of space, very robust. I have room for full set of screwdrivers, side cutters, strippers, cable cutters, DMM, holesaw set. It will take extra long screwdrivers, on the diagonal in the middle. Currently using the middle section for regs books, had originally envisaged that for my laptop. There would be room for my small drill in the middle as well, but I tend to keep drills in their original cases.

I would get about 4 -5 years out of them. I tend to end up overloading it to the max always start of with good intentions but then find after a few months it has most of the contents of the van in it. Just to mention i am very hard on toolbags and if i get 4 years out of one it will probably last most normal folks a lifetime.

I had one, and i wore it to death, like sintra most of the van was in it. They are a great piece of kit, but i find the fatmax more convenient day to day, this is the only reason i didnt get another CK one. To be fair i would probably get better use from a plasterers mixing bucket, with the amount of crap i accumulate day to day.

Cheers...........Howard

i use ck bag for everyday service calls, set drivers, pliers, cutters, multimeter, battery tester, spare fuses and resistors, crimping tool and crimp connectors etc etc serves me well

I bought the CK T1632 just around Christmas after reading about them on this forum. I actually bought two cause there was very little price difference for shipping. I like them a lot as a technicians tool case. They're strong and nicely sized and the shoulder strap seems to be holding up fine. There's a couple of things that aren't ideal, firstly it's quite heavy even when empty but I suppose this is a tradeoff fr its strength and ruggedness. Secondly I'm not keen on the leather with velcro wrap-around thingy on the handles, I find it fiddly and awkward. Lastly the dangley string tabs on the zippers have a little plastic clasp and keep coming off. Overall though I'm very impressed.

btw they do two version of the bag mate. the second one has had improvements to the zips etc and is a lot stronger than the cheaper one so choose wisely mate. as for the compartments they are great. padded bit for the laptop and a zip for the papers

Same use it every day and it's great. Put me hammer crimp multimeter and OSG in the middle. Drivers and bits on either side. Great kit in my opinion :D

Reply to Opinions please in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back